Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pedro Signs with the Phillies but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
... He's been placed on the 15 Day DL this morning according to ESPN. They are calling is Mild Shoulder Strain. My guess is he is only there so he can make 2 or 3 starts in AAA before they activate him, but still kind of funny to see him go on the DL a day after he passed his physical to sign

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The two sides have been in negotiations for weeks. It's been pretty public news.

He's on the DL as he needs a Major League contract and he needs rehab starts. Wondering if I can see Pedro in Clearwater.......

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
brumbach said:
Yup, 1 million plus another 1.5 in possible incentives. Will pitch 2-3 rehab assignments in AAA before joining the club, should be interesting.

Where did you hear this? So is there no chance he makes a start in A or AA? I'd like to try to see one of his rehab starts and was just curious of your source. Thanks!

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
xcantgobackx said:
brumbach said:
Yup, 1 million plus another 1.5 in possible incentives. Will pitch 2-3 rehab assignments in AAA before joining the club, should be interesting.

Where did you hear this? So is there no chance he makes a start in A or AA? I'd like to try to see one of his rehab starts and was just curious of your source. Thanks!

mlb.com

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Frow said:
With the weird things people get up in arms about I find it strange no one seems to have a problem with a seemingly fake injury just so they don't have to have him on the roster atm.

I was thinking the same thing. Of course I like them being able to do it, but it probably should be discussed in the next collective bargaining.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ab5e14643633819d55fb980354aa2721-getty-89038722dh0255_pmartinez.jpg

17a4ee242e143cb415409d91d099f5ec-getty-89038722dh0383_pmartinez.jpg

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
So if Pedro comes in & performs to his capabilities would this mean the Phillies would take a pass on offerring up the farm for Doc? I've been pretty concerned with the thought of Michael Taylor in a Jays uni... :? :|

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
HoustonTeams4Me said:
So if Pedro comes in & performs to his capabilities would this mean the Phillies would take a pass on offerring up the farm for Doc? I've been pretty concerned with the thought of Michael Taylor in a Jays uni... :? :|

I've accepted the fact that some combination -- if not most of Drabek, Savery, Knapp, Taylor, Brown, and Happ will be listening to two national anthems before every game soon.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Jeff N. said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

I've accepted the fact that some combination -- if not most of Drabek, Savery, Knapp, Taylor, Brown, and Happ will be listening to two national anthems before every game soon.

:lol: .... I've kinda done the same & have even compared M.Taylor's stats in AA to T.Snider's to try & get a coalation between possible SV's (future SV's for Taylor if he becomes a Jay). :? It's not too bad as Snider sold for good money so I don't think Taylor will be too far behind in a Jays uniform (I guess that's a positive spin on things huh?). :|

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Rudzud said:
xcantgobackx said:
brumbach said:

mlb.com

mlb.com actually didn't have that info up earlier. Now they do:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

"The Phillies placed Martinez on the 15-day disabled list with what they called a mild strain in his right shoulder. The move is more procedural, because Martinez, who has not pitched competitively since the World Baseball Classic in March, is not ready to pitch in the Majors. He will join the Phillies this weekend in Florida for an evaluation before he begins his rehabilitation assignment in Clearwater, Fla. General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said Martinez could be pitching for the Phillies as early as July 30, when he is eligible to be activated for the opener of a four-game series against the Giants in San Francisco."

Thanks anyway.