Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What baseball players have you seen in public?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubsfan2513

Jan 22, 2009
Omaha, NE/Chicago, IL
This morning I went to eat some breakfast in St. Louis and sat next to Ryan Howard. He was nice enough to take a picture with me and sign my all-star tickets. This got me thinking, what players has everyone met? Its fun watching them on the field, but it's cool seeing if they are nice people off the field as well. In the past I have met Joba in an airport and he was a great guy. I have also met Matt Murton and Sean Marshall in restaurants and they were happy to sign for me. Who have you met?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Scan or ban my friend :D

Living in Wrigleyville from 2002-2007, I met quite a few of the current
and former Cubs who lived/hung out around the park.

Nicest guys - Mark Grace, Moises Alou

Biggest puds - Kyle Farnsworth(frat boy), Kent Mercker(ghetto idiot)

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
no baseball players, but ton of bulls and bears guys. i played house league basketball against Michael Jordan's son and walked into the gym to see Michael sitting down next to the door. kyle orton lived down the street from the restaurant/bar i go to all the time and i'd see him there. eddy curry used to live on my street. i'll see tyrus thomas in the phone store sometimes. saw steve kerr at an ice cream shop.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I didn't bug him to meet him, but I saw Manny Ramirez buying something at the best buy down the street from Fenway a couple years ago.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
cubsfan2513 said:
This morning I went to eat some breakfast in St. Louis and sat next to Ryan Howard. He was nice enough to take a picture with me and sign my all-star tickets. This got me thinking, what players has everyone met? Its fun watching them on the field, but it's cool seeing if they are nice people off the field as well. In the past I have met Joba in an airport and he was a great guy. I have also met Matt Murton and Sean Marshall in restaurants and they were happy to sign for me. Who have you met?

Need to see some pictures, that sounds awesome.

zan

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I met Miguel Tejada at Benihinas last year right after an Astros gam. It was really cool. He took pictures with us, signed autographs, and chatted us up for a little while. One of the nicest guys I've met.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Not baseball, but I did meet ex-Slam Dunk champion Kenny "Sky" Walker in a local restaurant. My mother and I had a nice chat with him for about half an hour and got my second IP autograph from him (the first was picked up by my late aunt who worked there) - very nice.

Frow

Since JO already side tracked it for me so I don't have to :lol: I met Neil Smith..kinda...he came in to the retail store I was working in at the time. I saw some of the people in the store around the cash register and they were like...is that? no way. I was putting out stock when he came by and sure enough it was him.

rookies_plus

Mar 28, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I worked at Target at the electronics counter when I was younger, by a nice golf course where lots of celeb tournaments were held, anyways Paul Molitor was playing that day and he bought some stuff and chatted with me for a bit and personalized a nice auto for me.

I also have met Mark Madsen (Ex LA Laker infamous for his dancing skills) more than once, although he is Mormon and dosent drink I have seen him at the bar and the grocery store, watching they guy text on an iphone with those huge fingers is hilarious.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I went to school with Jeff Weaver and met a lot of his teammates over the years. I sat on a flight from San francisco to New orleans next to Will Clark and he was cool. I saw Mark McGwire in our local mall in 1990 he was HUGE and the weirdest part was he was wearing a Colorado Rockies sweatshirt. I was in a wedding with Sean Burroughs and thought he was a great guy. Too bad he flopped.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I saw Ken Caminitti once.We were working on a 10 story building downtown next to a big bank and we were outside standing on the sidewalk taking a break and my buddy nudges me and says" Look...that's got to be Caminitti.".It was.But sadly at the time I wasn't really into baseball that much anymore so I just shrugged it off and figured so what.

seitas said:
I went to school with Jeff Weaver and met a lot of his teammates over the years. I sat on a flight from San francisco to New orleans next to Will Clark and he was cool. I saw Mark McGwire in our local mall in 1990 he was HUGE and the weirdest part was he was wearing a Colorado Rockies sweatshirt. I was in a wedding with Sean Burroughs and thought he was a great guy. Too bad he flopped.

i am guessing the rockies shirt was not baseball related??

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Not baseball related but while in St. Louis in 1999, I ate at a Friday's and sat 2 tables up from Kevin Nash and a bunch of crew from Monday Nitro. Didn't have my camera with me because we just checked in and wanted to get some grub before we got started. He walked right by our table on his way out. Man, he was huge.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
When i was working at Sports Authority (by Wrigley) Carlos Zambrano came in once.

He had some friends with him or it may have just been his "handlers", but from what i saw he honored any autograph requests and was in the store for a while, so he didn't seem bothered by the attention and fans.

The odd thing was that almost everything he and his friends bought was cubs merchandise. Jackets, shirts, tons of novelty items and kids bats....you'd think he could get all that through the team.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Oy... a lot.

Wrestlers - Pumped gas next to Rick Steiner in Tallahassee. He was on his way to driving school as my roommate later told me that he was in his class.

Big Show - he was next to us at a rare visit to the Olive Garden. Dude ate three Tours of Xxxxx. His wife is at LEAST 6'4". She's huge.

Christian - dude followed me. Ate breakfast near him at First Watch on a Saturday morning, next weekend I see him at Outback.

Football dudes -- Too many Buccaneers to name.

My son, when he was in pre-kindergarden, was in a class with Shelton Quarles' daughter, Derrick Brooks' son, Warren Sapp Jr., and Darryl Strawberry's daughter. Talked all of them numerous times except for Sapp... he never showed up.

Strawman is frickin' tall.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Unfortunately I never met any MLB players other than on the field or at shows.
However, I played pool with linebrink's wife. She was HOT. She said she was the wife of one of the padres players but wouldn't say who. After enough persuasion, she did say she was a pitcher's wife, and I think I thought of every pitcher but linebrink (beer was flowing), although she wouldn't say yes or no....towards the end of the night she said he had a lower ERA than trevor, and so when I went home home I had to check, and found Linebrink was the only pitcher with a lower ERA than Trevor....although linebrink isn't really a "star" it was kind of neat knowing that I conversed and played pool for a few hours with his wife.

My wife met Klesko and his wife at a grocery store and approached him, but she didn't even think to ask for an autograph...she said she talked to him and his wife for just about 3 minutes.

I also SWORE that I saw Trevor and his boys at a little league park near my house, but I didn't want to approach, plus we were on our way home....kind of regretting that. Anyone know if Trevor's frequents his boys at little league?

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Wrestlers - Pumped gas next to Rick Steiner in Tallahassee. He was on his way to driving school as my roommate later told me that he was in his class.

Works for my company. Saw him a few mins ago.. nice guy

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
not all baseball, but here are people that I have run into out in public.....

Ryne Sandberg--seen him a few times in public (Coaches the Minor League Team here)

Yadier Molina--Ran into him at the Galleria Mall in St. Louis--got a picture

Glen Rice and Vlade Divac--at the Cancun Airport sporting Giant Sombraros

Walter Payton--played against his son Jarrett Payton in Soccer--Walter was 99% of the time on the sidelines

Jim Thome---A LOT--he lives here

Cameron Diaz--Coco Bongos In Cancun

Joe Namath--Stayed at our hotel at last years national--and yes hit on my wife--who was my girlfriend at the time--also asked her to get him a drink when he saw her at the pool--guess he thought she worked there????

Fergie Jenkins--At a local restaraunt the day he was signing at the cubs minor league team in town

Shawn Livingston--sat next to me at the minor league cubs team game

Anthony Parker--Local charity event

Right now those are the ones that stick out in my mind. I know there have been others, but those have been the most memorable.

TK

Members online

Latest posts