Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Fake, Come on......WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
George_Calfas said:
Button card with NO thread in the stitch holes

I asked the seller if they used some type of special glue back in Mattingly's day. Button glue since there are no threads on the button.

David

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
bungle77 said:
Didn't Brett Keith pull that one, only without the button? I mean, that exact card? 4/10?
If so, I wish he would have a scan to back up the forge accusations to ebay. I mean it's obviously fake, but it's nice to have the proof when reporting to ebay.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
The Yankees have not always been so rich... there was once a time when in order to save money they switched to glue instead of that expensive thread. ;)

Here's a beauty though... I call this one "Absolutely Fake"

c7a9_12.jpg

:?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I asked him how the button is attached without any thread and he actually replied...

Dear pghbuccos,

I have no idea why that is, but that is how it came out of the pack-but either way it is a sweet looking card

- jackbso

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
It didnt come out of the pack like that, as a matter of fact I seen it BEFORE the button was glued on it had thread holes from when a button USED to be there before topps removed it. This clown seen the holes and had this fabulous idea. I am 99% positive thats the card I lost out on a month or so ago.

Members online