Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 Score gold Redeemed question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I recently bought a 95 Score gold rush card that had the Pinnacle logo punched threw it. I was told that the card had been redeemed in order to receive the platinum set. Does anyone have any info on these or if this was actually done?

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I redeemed the whole first series gold set for the platinum team set and received all of them back with the punched Pinnacle logo. I ended up selling the platinum team sets individually on ebay and included the redeemed team set.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
You mean like these?

oz.jpg

That would complete the rainbow for me. Did you get it via eBay?
EY609.jpg

1995 Score Gold Rush Redeemed

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
You mean like these?

oz.jpg

That would complete the rainbow for me. Did you get it via eBay?

No, it was on Beckett. Thanks for the heads up Magic!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
Good for you! Post a pic when it's in hand! (Where's our old Ozzie Collector's thread, anyway? Page 99?)

I'll try to post a pic as soon as I can. I've posted to the Ozzie thread a couple times recently but I seem to be the only one lately.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I think all of the cards are punched, I own a Robby Thompson, William VanLandingham and a checklist for my PC. Unless these are fake, I think they punched all the cards.

Checklist:
1995ScoreGoldRushChecklistRedeemed.jpg

1995ScoreGoldRushChecklistRedeemedB.jpg

Thompson:
1995ScoreGoldRushRedeemedThompson.jpg

Van Landingham:
1995ScoreGoldRushRedeemedVanLanding.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
95PinnacleRedeemed.jpg

The gold surface doesn't scan well, but you can see the holes punched near the corner.

Maybe I need to consider taking pictures of some of these cards, as opposed to scans. It sucks that some surfaces lose all detail when scanned...

Edited to say that I *really* like the Platinum team set variation. They look just fantastic in hand, and really have some depth to them...

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
All the cards got punched. I was a huge dork back then (still am) and put together about 8 or 9 different team sets and had them redeemed, so I know they all got punched, b/c I personally got them back from Score that way. I probably still have the redeemed sets somewhere. I obviously kept the Will Clark for myself, but I have a lot of other players and teams and I don't ever remember selling them.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
What I've tried to figure out - and perhaps/hopefully another more learned member can answer: Were the Series 2 Gold Rush Redemptions also stamped?

Like a lot of you, I did the Series 1 GR and my returned set wasn't stamped. The first I heard of it was via the board. And thanks to Magic I was able to secure the first series Thomas and CWS Checklist (even though it erroneously excludes Thomas).

So... does anyone know? :)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I have posted this before, but I sent in Padres series one and two, dodgers, white sox and mariners and never got ANY redeemed cards back. Just the sets in the nice little cases. The first I heard about that was on these boards as well.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Magicpappa actually steered me in the right direction to pick one up on Beckett a while back and it too has the wholes punched through it.I wonder though...whats the odds that these could be faked?I really don't know if there is a big market for them or not but I would imagine hardcores such as us would go for them.So I wonder...would it be worth someone's time to sit there and poke tiny holes in the correct shape and then sell them here and there?I think it certainly has the potential of selling quite easily.Just not for a whole lot.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
I wonder though...whats the odds that these could be faked?

If they were, and I don't think they are, you wouldn't sit there and poke each individual 'hole'.

You'd have to design, create and purchase a die-punch. It's not something a typical collector will have access to. Additionally, it's not a hand-punch. The size and position on the cards says that it's a frame punch.

A hand-punch you might've seen used at places like a public bus when they give you a transfer or fast food operation which gives out free food after purchasing so many foodstuffs (the local Subways here used to have a hand-punch card; after purchasing a dozen sandwiches a fully punched card earned you a free meal), and other similar types of businesses.

But the placement on the card is too even; not to mention a hand-punch will typically leave an ugly bend or indentation if not done perfectly. All the redemptions I've seen are in the exact same position - meaning it's a frame-punch. Sort of like a hole-punch you might have seen used for papers. Again, that speaks to a professional operation - not something a typical collector would have access to, or want to pursue as a fake.

I'm not saying it would be impossible. Especially today - the internet has given open access to many businesses that would've been wholly unknown outside of industry professionals just ten years ago.

I am saying it's highly unlikely.

Members online