Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mets with Francoeur to play the Braves in ATL this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Wasn't he a fan favorite for much of his time as a Brave? Isn't their a possibility that the fans will cheer him for his work as a Brave? Obviously he didn't ask for a trade, so why would they boo him?

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
soccerman034 said:
Wasn't he a fan favorite for much of his time as a Brave? Isn't their a possibility that the fans will cheer him for his work as a Brave? Obviously he didn't ask for a trade, so why would they boo him?

Because he sucked as a Brave.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
blitzerlover said:
soccerman034 said:

(2) 100 RBI seasons + a gold glove in 3 full seasons with the Braves (not including his RC season where he had an OPS+ in the 120-130 range) for $400,000 a year....Not too bad.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
soccerman034 said:
blitzerlover said:
soccerman034 said:

(2) 100 RBI seasons + a gold glove in 3 full seasons with the Braves (not including his RC season where he had an OPS+ in the 120-130 range) for $400,000 a year....Not too bad.

Those 100 RBI seasons came when he was in a stacked Braves lineup.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
blitzerlover said:
soccerman034 said:
blitzerlover said:
soccerman034 said:

Those 100 RBI seasons came when he was in a stacked Braves lineup.

They were so-so.

In 2006, the only other Brave to drive in 100 runs or more was Andruw Jones, and only one Brave on that team surpassed the 100 run plateau (Jones again).

In 2007, the only other Brave to drive in 100 runs or more was Chipper Jones (102), and only one Brave on that team surpassed the 100 run plateau (Jones again).

I would argue that Jeff provided a good amount of real production for the Braves from 2005-2007, while drawing a very small salary. He was a great fielder to boot.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I'd be embarrassed for Atlanta if they boo him. Last two years have sucked, but he did a ton of stuff for the community. I'll be at two games this weekend, most likely won't cheer, but I definitely will not boo.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
chuckbartowski said:
ThoseBackPages said:
i think the better question is when will they start booing Church?

Church has mostly been killing the ball...just hitting it at people

He had a monster road trip before he got traded. Mostly singles, but he did have like 10-12 HR at the end of May last year. He's a good player.

Members online

Latest posts