Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

With Pujols in the NL, who gets MVP in the AL?

AL MVP?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Who knows who it could be, could we see a closer get it, a guy who was injured, a guy with a brilliant first half and then cooled, or one of the 2 red sox, and don't even forget about Mourneau either.

So who ya got?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: With Pujols in the AL, who gets MVP in the AL?

It comes down to Morneau & Pedroia. Morneau being #2 in votes after Pedroia wins it. Morneau would have had it if he didn't have such a dissapointing September. Pedroia will probably win it though

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
My prediction:

Win - Pedroia
Place - KRod
Show - Morneau

Pedroia had strong numbers, solid defense, and was on a playoff team. I think if Morneau would have had a strong September pushing the Twins into the playoffs he would have won. But, as a previous poster said he faded. While I disagree (I think he should be lower), I think KRod will finish 2nd due to him breaking the saves record and being on a division winning team. Though KRod's (2.24 ERA/1.29 WHIP) season is much more similar to Bobby Thigpen's record season (1.83/1.04) than to either Eck (0.61/0.61) or Gagne (1.20/0.69).

Alex

Members online