Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

has mail been slow for anyone else

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I have been waiting over a week for some packages to come. As anyone else noticed this or im I jsut haveing a few made trades. Im hoping you tell me its been slow so I dont worry that i ma being scammed

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
USPS mail has been very fast for me. I know mail just keeps getting lighter and lighter in summer. Not nearly as much stuff going first class anymore.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
it's weird but as the sender, i've been getting feedbacks stating that they receive it within 2 days to 10 days and i shipped em out the same day ::facepalm::

dave

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
I don't think it's the USPS, I think it's the people sending stuff. I've been waiting on a few packages to arrive - two weeks after I paid for them.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
YES! Some things have come right on time, but there have been a few things that I've been waiting on for a while, and I know that some of the things I've mailed have yet to arrive. Dunno what the hell the USPS is doing, but it better not mess with my feedback anywhere...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I actually received a letter from the local post master apologizing for slow and lost mail, with a direct line phone number to speak to him if I have any future issues. Since receiving that letter, things have gotten better.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
LaneyB said:
I don't think it's the USPS, I think it's the people sending stuff. I've been waiting on a few packages to arrive - two weeks after I paid for them.

I'm in the same boat. I bought 2 items on the same day; 1 from Canada and another from Florida. Guess which arrived quicker? Yep, the one from our neighbor to the north. Took almost 2 weeks after that arrived for the one from Florida to get here, and the postmark was 3 days prior to that.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Still speedy for me.
I'm still amazed how the US Postal Service can get mail from my parents in Texas to me in Hawaii in just two days.
So many bitch about the USPS, but it really is an amazing and cheap service for just a 44 cent stamp.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Austin said:
Still speedy for me.
I'm still amazed how the US Postal Service can get mail from my parents in Texas to me in Hawaii in just two days.
So many bitch about the USPS, but it really is an amazing and cheap service for just a 44 cent stamp.
I don't mind it things come slow to me - cards aren't a life and death matter. I just have a problem when my stuff is slow getting to where I send it because it might piss somebody off, and they'll neg me.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I'm in Florida, package from Denver was sent out last Wednesday and has yet to show up.

Another package from New York took over 7 days. It's insane.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
I had an interesting conversation with the postmaster in our local office yesterday.

I was complimenting the Post Office for the very fast delivery time I have been experiencing when sending cards I sold on ebay.

She told me that the small bubble envelopes I give her daily are put in the priority mail sack.

They leave our small post office in SW New York, go directly to Rochester and are scanned in by 11PM that night. They leave Rochester almost immediately and delivery to the West coast has been two or three days. Same for Hawaii.

Guess it sometimes depends on where you live and the delivery scheme of the USPS.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I paid for 2 auctions on about a week ago. I got one the next day from Jersey and the other come the day after
and that was from California. I was like wow that was fast, since it was only a few days after I paid. Some times
they come fast and other times it takes about a week.

Note I'm in the middle of the country (Illinois)

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
i sent ou tabout 20 packages recently and it seems everyone is getting their stuff in 2 or 3 days

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I guess it just depends on where you live.It seems to me sometimes it takes way longer to deliver mail and then it will get quick again and then then it slows back down.

Another thing I notice is that if I order a bunch of stuff on ebay I will get a bubble mailer here and there and then all of a sudden(like clockwork) on Saturday or Monday I get a huge stack of everything else I ordered all at once.Its almost like they save them up to deliver all at once?I am pretty sure it has to do with the mail being delivered to different PO's around the country over the non delivering weekend hours and then it just seems like its all being saved up.Who knows.

I do agree with Austin though that what they can do for 44 cents is amazing but on the other hand they also make a lot of money.So many things are sent via mail that I am quite sure they aren't hurting.Think about it...every single day you normally get at least one or two things in your mail box which means that they got paid for mailing them.And if everybody gets that...that adds up quick.

On an unrelated note...I wish I was in Hawaii!

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
i never really had this problem until like the last week or so. He is located in Texas and hasnt gotten my end and I havent recieved his end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts