Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great experience at Albuquerque, NM tonight *Long Read*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
My family and I got tickets to the Isotopes game tonight against the New Orleans Zephyrs. I was looking to land a few autographs on a program for Greg (Bigfan) and myself. I posted myself right above the Isotopes' tunnel to get the players as soon as they came out. First I landed JD Closser, former catcher for the Rockies. Real nice guy. Next, possibly the biggest if not second biggest autograph I got in the night, Chin Lung Hu, also a great guy. I had asked him to sign quickly, and he said he would be right back after he dropped his stuff off. And he came back to my delight. Next I was snubbed but Jason Repko and Rosario, but I didn't let it phase me, and eventually landed Dee Brown, who is hitting very well for the Dodger's AAA organization. My brother and I then spotted #26 on the Z's, Maybin, so we made a mad dash to the other side of the park in attempt to get his autograph. We had honestly just missed him by a minute, so we stalked him for a bit and waited until he was done stretching. I asked one more time if he could quickly sign a couple of autographs, but he ignored us. I then said "we're a couple of new orleans natives", which is half true, half of my family grew up in New Orleans.. As I said that he stopped, took a double take, then proceeded to come over to us and sign our ticket stubs. What a rush it was.

No scans at the moment, on vacation to China on Sunday..

The Isotopes won 4-2, on the back of a beautifully pitched game by the Isotopes pitcher, fanning 9 Zephyrs in 6 innings.

One thing of note though, the Isotopes mascot, Orbit, is a complete doucher. He sprayed a guy with water that was carrying several signed items including a signed jersey and a game ball. He then autographed a young boys glove, and after the boy said thank you and walked back up the stairs, sprayed him in the back with the squirt gun. I mean, it was kind of funny for the kid, but totally uncalled for the dude with the autographed stuff. I'll scan the stuff when I get the time, which will be in August haha.

Thanks for the read.

zan

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
Congrats on a good night it sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love the topes stadium. I always try to catch a game when I visit back home.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats, sounds like an awesome night! Doesn't Dee Gordon play for the Great Lake Loons though, low A affiliate? Maybe he was hanging around with some of the big boys.

Have fun in China

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
justwar said:
Congrats, sounds like an awesome night! Doesn't Dee Gordon play for the Great Lake Loons though, low A affiliate? Maybe he was hanging around with some of the big boys.

Have fun in China

Dee Brown, haha.

zan

Members online

Latest posts