Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2nd Rounder Cody Adams suspended 50 games for PED.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Cody Adams, Milwaukee's second-round pick in the 2008 Draft, was among six Minor Leaguers suspended 50 games for performance-enhancing drugs on Friday.
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that six Minor League players have received 50-game suspensions after each tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Adams received a 50-game ban after testing positive for an amphetamine. The Southern Illinois University product, selected No. 62 overall in the '08 Draft, was 3-6 with a 5.93 ERA in 16 appearances, including a dozen starts, for the Brewers' Class A Midwest League affiliate, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
boxbreaker44 said:
Cody Adams, Milwaukee's second-round pick in the 2008 Draft, was among six Minor Leaguers suspended 50 games for performance-enhancing drugs on Friday.
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that six Minor League players have received 50-game suspensions after each tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Adams received a 50-game ban after testing positive for an amphetamine. The Southern Illinois University product, selected No. 62 overall in the '08 Draft, was 3-6 with a 5.93 ERA in 16 appearances, including a dozen starts, for the Brewers' Class A Midwest League affiliate, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.

His chrome autos will be worth 50 cents now. :lol:

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
At least no one is losing huge on this guy. Even if you have a stash (why would you though?) it wasn't pricey. I've seen blue refractors sell for a dollar, and I'm fairly certain a gold refractor sold for $3.50. Even I, as a Brewer fan, got angry when this guy turned out to be my auto in any of my boxes.

2nd rounder though.. hard to call it over with. Maybe next year treats him well.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Kevbo said:
At least no one is losing huge on this guy. Even if you have a stash (why would you though?) it wasn't pricey. I've seen blue refractors sell for a dollar, and I'm fairly certain a gold refractor sold for $3.50. Even I, as a Brewer fan, got angry when this guy turned out to be my auto in any of my boxes.

2nd rounder though.. hard to call it over with. Maybe next year treats him well.

Totally agree with Kevbo.

The only thing that hurts is that it's just one more pitching prospect that Milwaukee will have to wait longer on.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Anyone know the other 5 names?

EDIT:

Nevermind, found them

Pitchers Billis Andujar and Jose Encarnacion of the Detroit Tigers' Dominican Summer League club tested positive for stanozolol and were each suspended for 50 games. Blue Jays pitcher Jorge Serra also tested positive for stanozolol.

White Sox pitcher Carlos Rosario and Royals pitcher Aristedes Santos were suspended after testing positive for boldenone.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
trevordchi said:

EDIT:

Nevermind, found them

Pitchers Billis Andujar and Jose Encarnacion of the Detroit Tigers' Dominican Summer League club tested positive for stanozolol and were each suspended for 50 games. Blue Jays pitcher Jorge Serra also tested positive for stanozolol.

White Sox pitcher Carlos Rosario and Royals pitcher Aristedes Santos were suspended after testing positive for boldenone.

That's what kills me about Adam's suspension. The other guys were using actual steroids. For all we know, Adams was using these Amphs for recreational/personal use.

I don't know if that makes it better or worse. Like, he's smart enough to not cheat the game, but dumb enough to use something that will get him suspended; shows very poor judgement.

Or he was using them to get an edge b/c he was wearing down from pitching too much. Who knows?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
hive17 said:
trevordchi said:

EDIT:

Nevermind, found them

That's what kills me about Adam's suspension. The other guys were using actual steroids. For all we know, Adams was using these Amphs for recreational/personal use.

I don't know if that makes it better or worse. Like, he's smart enough to not cheat the game, but dumb enough to use something that will get him suspended; shows very poor judgement.

Or he was using them to get an edge b/c he was wearing down from pitching too much. Who knows?

I seriously doubt he was using amphs for recreational use. If he was that's a MUCH bigger problem than if he was using them to get up for games.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
:lol: Kevbo I have bought a 2 Gold refractor of his for like 4 bucks
I also have some other things of his. As for why anyone would have them?
Ask that same thing to anyone else that collects any other late first or second
rounder. :D I bought his stuff because it was cheap and you never know who
maybe the next Lincy :lol:

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
:lol: Kevbo I have bought a 2 Gold refractor of his for like 4 bucks
I also have some other things of his. As for why anyone would have them?
Ask that same thing to anyone else that collects any other late first or second
rounder. :D I bought his stuff because it was cheap and you never know who
maybe the next Lincy :lol:

True, there's always gems to be found. Never know. I bought some really cheap stuff no one else seemed to want that ended up getting pretty big. Consider that 4 bucks gets you a beer at the local pub, or a small meal at taco bell, and a gold refractor sounds like a solid investment :)

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
jbone17 said:
boxbreaker44 said:

His chrome autos will be worth 50 cents now. :lol:

As opposed to the .50 they were worth yesterday?

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
trevordchi said:
hive17 said:
trevordchi said:

EDIT:

Nevermind, found them

I seriously doubt he was using amphs for recreational use. If he was that's a MUCH bigger problem than if he was using them to get up for games.

In college, people used to try to buy my Adderall for study binges. I know some of my friends used to crush and snort ritalin when they were drunk, but that doesn't have any effect on people with ADD so I never would have bothered. Other than that, I don't know that there's any other recreational use for amphetamines. It could just be that he has ADD and he had Adderall without a proper prescription.

Members online

Latest posts