Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What can the Mets do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
I am a Mets fan, and i honestly don't know what the mets can do anymore. It seems that God does not want the Mets to win, And tonight, Gary Sheffield goes down with a hammy injury. I wanna know, what do you think the Mets should do to try to turn things around?

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Nothing. As a Mets fan, the last thing to do right now is make some fast decisions and trade away key players just to have the potential to get back in the race. They Mets have too many holes, and not enough farm to trade away.

Mets should go out, play ball, and see what happens.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
They cannot contend this year. With all their players injured and how far back they are, they should plan for next year and develop the young players. Maybe give some minor leaguers a taste of the big leagues.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Big Mac McGwire said:
Y4NK335 said:
Start planning out next season.

+1

this season is over. injurys were too much to overcome this year. no team would have survived it. the team is a double a team right now. Lick your wounds and focus on next year. BTW, Manuel has done all he could. It's not his fault his entire team got hurt.
Agreed

Didn't get the card yet?

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
darocker80 said:
They cannot contend this year. With all their players injured and how far back they are, they should plan for next year and develop the young players. Maybe give some minor leaguers a taste of the big leagues.

i would love to see that, i know the mets farm system isn't the cream of the crop, but theres a bunch of guys that, in my opinion, are ready to come up...

Lucas Duda ( to play IF)
Tobi Stoner (P)
Emanuel Garcia (OF)

darocker80 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
Y4NK335 said:

+1

this season is over. injurys were too much to overcome this year. no team would have survived it. the team is a double a team right now. Lick your wounds and focus on next year. BTW, Manuel has done all he could. It's not his fault his entire team got hurt.
Agreed

Didn't get the card yet?

still waitin. prolly be here by monday or tuesday, it is traveling cross country. :)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Big Mac McGwire said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1vn7yzqo]
Y4NK335 said:

+1

Agreed

Didn't get the card yet?

still waitin. prolly be here by monday or tuesday, it is traveling cross country. :)[/quote:1vn7yzqo]
Haha yup.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
thegreathambino said:
darocker80 said:

i would love to see that, i know the mets farm system isn't the cream of the crop, but theres a bunch of guys that, in my opinion, are ready to come up...

Lucas Duda ( to play IF)
Tobi Stoner (P)
Emanuel Garcia (OF)
Who else is mlb ready?

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
thegreathambino said:
It seems that God does not want the Mets to win, what do you think the Mets should do to try to turn things around?

Sell your integrity to the devil and get Barry Bonds. Provide your player with some good juice for the stretch run.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
darocker80 said:
thegreathambino said:
darocker80 said:

Lucas Duda ( to play IF)
Tobi Stoner (P)
Emanuel Garcia (OF)
Who else is mlb ready?

i wouldn't call them MLB ready, i mean, probably near the top in the farm system, but i mean, if we give up the season, i'd like to see these guys get the call.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
Bring back Bobby Valentine
Paint the wall at CitiField to resemble the Met colors.
Trade or release Luis Castillo and sign Orlando Hudson
Trade for Adrian Gonzalez (F. Martinez, Parnell, and D.Murphy)
Remove the tarp covering the bullpen at CitiField.
Delgado, Wagner, Putz, Livan plus a few others are free agents so it should free up some cap space (~25+ mill.) to sign Jason Bay and Rich Harden<~~is he avail?
YOU HAVE to trade one of these players (J.Reyes, C.Beltran or D.Wright)
J.Reyes or D.Wright to BoSox for Jacob Ellsbury, Clay Buchholz, and B+ prospect
or
C.Beltran to ?????
Bring BACK school group discount prices for afternoon games

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
teachervido said:
Delgado, Wagner, Putz, Livan plus a few others are free agents so it should free up some cap space (~25+ mill.) to sign Jason Bay and Rich Harden<~~is he avail?
or
C.Beltran to ?????

the mets would not trade parnell, murphy and fernando martinez for Adrian Gonzalez

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
thegreathambino said:
teachervido said:
or
C.Beltran to ?????

the mets would not trade parnell, murphy and fernando martinez for Adrian Gonzalez

Because the Mets are dumb.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
The Wilpons need to sell the team, that's whats best for the New York Mets.

Short of that, I can't see the Mets winning the World Series until Jeff Wilpon is dead.

Members online

Latest posts