Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ALERT: FOR INFORMATION ABOUT A&G--Retail LOADED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I am still out of pocket, but popped in to say hi and that A&G is live in Texas @ Target and LOADED!! I picked up 2 blasters @ 19.99 and this is what was in them:

Code Cards:
Cain
J. D. Drew
Theriot

SP cards: 14 cards #301-350
that's right every pack had an SP in it

SP mini's:
granderson 332
LaPorta 328
C. Young 344
Duchscherer 335
Burrell 334

and to top it off

No-Number Chris Duncan hand numbered 50/50

Before someone ask the odds are:
ginter code 1:12
highlight sketches 1:6
short print parallel 1:13
a&G back 1:5
a&g ad back sp 1:65
black border mini: 1:10
black bordered sp: 1:130
nno mini hand numbered :1:128
bazooka mini :1:255
national heros 1:12
Legends, Myths, Terrors 1:48
HHB 1:12
framed autos A 1:9200 [wow!]
framed autos B 1:163
relics from 1:250 to 49
cut autos 1:265,000
DNA cards 1:265,000

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
i opened 2 here in NY and got 8 sp, 1 crack the code, 3 baseball highlights, 1 hoaz, 1 nat hero, 2 black mini. so it seems like i got the average break, Thoughi can agree with the thought that retail ginter i s loaded because i have had extreme luck with it myself in the past.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Seems that last year these did the same thing the beginning, then we same
boxes going majorly down hill fast. I know I bought one of those crap Retail
Blasters wait I bought 6 of them. ::facepalm:: :D

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I know a gentleman in Texas who pulled 2 hits from the same pack...twice...this from 3 blasters...as well as an inventions card.

The hits included an auto and an SP relic.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Erich said:
Thanks for the info but I would like to see more than 2 boxes with this kind of return. At that point I will buy some.

i can relate, but considering the odds on the mini's i thought i did well. i had yet to pull a no numbered from hobby so i was plesantly surprised. set collectors/card fan should help me get money back. they have a couple of more so will have to pick then up if still there. with that type of break, 4 blasters might be better option then hobby box it going for mini set.

clrunyo

Apr 27, 2009
Arlington Texas
I also live in Texas and just yesterday i went to a local Target and bought a box of 09 A&G and pulled an SP Auto of the Guy with the best Beard!
Retail can sometimes pay off!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
My wife said she didn't see any at Target yesterday when she went.Perhaps I need to have a looksee?

Target in Maryland had them. I think I might be able to dispel the notion they are all loaded :(
Picked up three blasters, the highlights are:
Manny Ramirez jersey
3 mini A&G backs (1 SP)
2 mini black boarder
1 Legend, Myths, Terrors
2 Bamboozled Hoodwinked
1 National Hero
4 SPs in each box.
Nothing available at this time.

Oh, I got a base card of the Electron! For some reason it made me laugh out loud that the electron got a card.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
well again i get the shaft on retail....4 blasters & 1 whole retail and all we get is 2 relics (longoria & patterson) and 1 mythical creature, glad I can get the crap for everyone else to get the good boxes :evil:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Out of curiousity, I checked the local Target and they had 4 blaster boxes so I figured I'd have some fun.

The results? Not a single jersey or autograph, however I did pull some quality minis including:

- Chris Carpenter Bazooka Back #/25
- Adam Eaton No Number Back #/50
- 4 Black border minis
- 1 SP Black border mini
- 8 Allen Ginter back minis
- 1 SP Allen ginter back mini
- 3 Hoaxes, hoodwinks and bamboozle minis (plus a Brigham Young card which apparently was left out of this subset)
- 3 National Heroes minis
- 1 SP mini
- and only 9 "regular" minis

Strange in that I didn't pull a single "Ginter Code" card as they are 1:12, but obviously with the screwed up odds of my mini pulls...those odds are definitely "approximate" odds.

So, are these "loaded"? Probably not, just sort of random 'dumb' luck or something close.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Just bought 2 blasters...nothing of note at all.....Rev you have t remeber the Good Lord is on your side, the rest of us mortals just don't have that on our side. ;)

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Uofo2212 said:
Just bought 2 blasters...nothing of note at all.....Rev you have t remeber the Good Lord is on your side, the rest of us mortals just don't have that on our side. ;)

That cracked me up and had I been drinking anything I would have spit up :lol: :lol: If that were the case, I would have pulled a cut auto or one of those high dollar DNA cards. That would have meant some additional tithes for the church. He is good to me, but card pulls are low on the list of my request.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts