Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh, this poor Jackie Robinson card!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I was searching for a 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle, and came across a '56 set for a great price.
Then I saw the scans.
Many cards have holes punched in them, but this Jackie Robinson is by far the worst.
Looks like someone tried to make a frilly doily out of it.

56t021.jpg

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I own a Johnny Bench RC that I paid fiddy cent for. the guy on the other side was scratched out with a bic.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Perhaps the only thing more dangerous than a kid with a hole puncher is a kid with a stapler - I remember going stapler crazy in the sixth grade until I finally stapled my finger. :D

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
George K said:
Perhaps the only thing more dangerous than a kid with a hole puncher is a kid with a stapler - I remember going stapler crazy in the sixth grade until I finally stapled my finger. :D

the only thing more dangerous than the most destructive kid ever is the mom that gave the cards away.

* replace cards with GI Joe collection for my sob story. :(

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
StonehengePapers.gif

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I actually like that jackie. I prefer it over the aaron or the koufax. I did something similar to a card when I was a kid. Fortunately it was a 1988 topps randy ready. I think I wrote "you suck" on the card too.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
As a kid, I remember taking tape and covering my wall with all the stars of the '70 - 74' topps sets. Rose, Schmidt, Ryan, Jacksom, ect.. They were all there taped on my wall till they were torn down and thrown away..

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
BunchOBull said:
lol well, there's that kind of deckle edge, and this kind of deckle edge:

35977.jpg

wow Ross that's trippy, I just posted in the deckle edge thread and mentioned that the only one I have is that card LOL

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
As a kid, I remember taking tape and covering my wall with all the stars of the '70 - 74' topps sets. Rose, Schmidt, Ryan, Jacksom, ect.. They were all there taped on my wall till they were torn down and thrown away..

I did something similar with the old marvel masterpieces cards from the comic book sets.I took all of the cards and put them in 9 card pages and then put thumbtacks through the pages and hung them up on the wall.The cards were not harmed.Did the same thing with the whole set from one of the Jurassic Park movie card sets as well.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here is my contribution to "What I did to my cards as a kid." My football card collage. Cards cut up and glued to a piece of paneling. 1975-77 cards, sharp eyes will see Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, O. J. Simpson, Rocky Blier, and several other stars and assorted nobodies of the mid-late 70's. Thank goodness I didn't do it with baseball cards!

footballcollage.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
Here is my contribution to "What I did to my cards as a kid." My football card collage. Cards cut up and glued to a piece of paneling. 1975-77 cards, sharp eyes will see Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, O. J. Simpson, Rocky Blier, and several other stars and assorted nobodies of the mid-late 70's. Thank goodness I didn't do it with baseball cards!

footballcollage.jpg

Dude...is that a Jack Lambert card I see in there? :evil:

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
predatorkj said:
Greg Cleveland said:

footballcollage.jpg

Dude...is that a Jack Lambert card I see in there? :evil:

Oh yeah. I didn't discriminate about stars or commons when I was 12.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Greg Cleveland said:

footballcollage.jpg
Sure you cut up some good cards, but that mosaic you made is wicked cool and very creative.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts