Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Made it past 50% for this tough HOF patch set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I bought these every once in a while a few years ago, but for the last year I've been pursuing the set. I know I'll never finish it, and I'm really happy to be at the 50% level (25/49). Most of the ones remaining are tough, so if I pick up 5 new ones in the next 2 years it would be really good. In the meantime I'll have to settle for doubles and patch upgrades at the right price. I've got Ebay covered, but if you find one of these at a shop or show or somewhere else I would appreciate an email.

Here's how my set breaks down:

Letters 5/11
Logos 11/18
Numbers 9/20

Here's how the serial numbering for my set breaks down, and shows how impossible it is:
/50 (1/1)
/40 (1/1)
/35 (8/10)
/25 (5/8)
/20 (0/1)
/15 (6/10)
/10 (2/5)
/5 (2/12)
/1 (0/1)

LettersJoeMorgan.jpg
LettersLouBrock.jpg
LettersNolanRyan.jpg

LettersSteveCarlton.jpg
LettersTomSeaver.jpg
LogosBobbyDoerr.jpg
LogosEddieMathews.jpg

LogosLouBrock.jpg
LogosNolanRyan1.jpg

LogosNolanRyan2.jpg
LogosNolanRyan3.jpg
LogosPeeWeeReese.jpg
LogosReggieJackson.jpg
LogosRobertoClemente.jpg
LogosRobinYount.jpg
LogosRobinYount2.jpg

LogosRodCarew.jpg

NumbersCarltonFisk.jpg
NumbersEddieMathews.jpg
NumbersJackieRobinson.jpg
NumbersMikeSchmidt.jpg
NumbersNolanRyan.jpg

NumbersNolanRyan2.jpg
NumbersReggieJackson.jpg
NumbersRodCarew.jpg
NumbersSteveCarlton.jpg

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
rebelpawn said:
Holy crap that's some nice stuff. I don't suppose that you have a double on the Doerr? :(

or doubles on the 6 ryans

believe it or not I do not own a single patch of ryan :(

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Wow man...congrats...you have to have the best patch collections out there...I know mlballtimegreats has some great patches too, but I don't know if he has as many as you.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, awesome cards. But what is with the second Reggie that is pictured. there is nothing stating what the patch is from (HOF Logos/Letters/Numbers)

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
yankees23657 said:
Wow, awesome cards. But what is with the second Reggie that is pictured. there is nothing stating what the patch is from (HOF Logos/Letters/Numbers)

I was curious about that as well, but I figured it was from the Numbers set because the serial numbering is correct. I'm guessing it was a printing error, as I haven't seen any Reggie's that say Number on them.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Unfortunately, no doubles of Doerr or Ryan, although I did see a Ryan that I already had at the Chicago show this weekend. I didn't get a business card, though.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
yankees23657 said:

I was curious about that as well, but I figured it was from the Numbers set because the serial numbering is correct. I'm guessing it was a printing error, as I haven't seen any Reggie's that say Number on them.

O, cool, it just seemed odd there was no printing. Awesome work on the set!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts