Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yu Darvich WBC Redemption received but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
...I recieved my Yu Darvich yesterday in only a toploader. It wasn't in a sleeve and the card was hangning out of the toploader. The card still looks fine but I am still not happy about the fact it was sent that way and recieved the way it was recieved. Should I call Topps and tell them?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Call to Topps:

"Hello, I just wanted to let you know I recieved my redemption and the card was in perfect condition. Please do a better job on packing from now."

::facepalm::

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
matfanofold said:
Call to Topps:

"Hello, I just wanted to let you know I recieved my redemption and the card was in perfect condition. Please do a better job on packing from now."

Dude, you know damn well that if something was wrong with
it, you'd be blasting them for not using a penny sleeve, or
tape/team bag.

He had a legit question, and instead he gets made fun of.

Way to go buddy.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Anthony K. said:
Why complain if nothing was wrong with the card?

Topps knows how they are sending their cards, so unless something was wrong with the card, I wouldn't bother.
How many people do you think get their's bent in half?
Or with a crease or dinged corner? Maybe if enough people
call, Topps will take more care with how they send.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Anthony K. said:

Topps knows how they are sending their cards, so unless something was wrong with the card, I wouldn't bother.

The right people might now know how they are sending them. They may hire interns or just low paid individuals to package and mail the cards, and these people know nothing about condition issues with the cards. Calling CS to give them a heads up might be very much appreciated on their end.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Those little packages are so tight and small there is not much room to move around should it leave the top loader.

Mine arrived yesterday with no penny sleeve. Card was in perfect condition, not counting the fact that it was off-center.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Anthony K. said:

Maybe so others don't get theirs cards ruined? I dunno, just an idea. I would call them and let them know, why not? Just politely tell them that the card is falling out of the top loaders and to use a soft sleeve and to even tape the top loader shut.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Anthony K. said:

I thought that Tristar did the shipping on Topps redemptions? If that is the case, maybe Topps doesn't know how they are being shipped.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
chashawk said:
matfanofold said:
Call to Topps:

Dude, you know damn well that if something was wrong with
it, you'd be blasting them for not using a penny sleeve, or
tape/team bag.

He had a legit question, and instead he gets made fun of.

Way to go buddy.

Or IF he never got it, or IF it was the wrong card, or IF the sky fell....

The thing is, I do not cry over milk that was never spilled. And I was not making fun of him, just pointing out the oddity of such a call. However, 2 points for you for figuring out how to interject venom in a otherwise comic situation. Oh, and dont attempt to tell me how or what I would do in any situation, you know nothing of me.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Ok so next time someone from FCB makes a trade with you and sends you cards that dont have sleeves just in a top loader hanging out, you're telling me you'll be fine with that. I highly doubt that completely

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
matty07 said:
Ok so next time someone from FCB makes a trade with you and sends you cards that dont have sleeves just in a top loader hanging out, you're telling me you'll be fine with that. I highly doubt that completely

I'm just not anal I guess.

It seems pretty simple to me, if you recieve the card in the right condition, all is well. If you recieve the card in damaged condition, it's time to act. I'm not the packaging police. But I see a lot of people around here want that badge. So be it..

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I got a Montero Chrome Refractor in the mail from Topps last week. It was enclosed in a penny sleeve and toploader, but wasn't taped. The cards was barely hanging out which could have been disastrous. Luckily the card was fine.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
matfanofold said:
matty07 said:

It seems pretty simple to me, if you recieve the card in the right condition, all is well. If you recieve the card in damaged condition, it's time to act. I'm not the packaging police. But I see a lot of people around here want that badge. So be it..

+1

as long as it's received in good condition who cares. topps is in a position to replace the card if it is damaged. this is the same as buying insurance to me. its all a gamble. once it hits the mail.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
mburgin said:
matfanofold said:
matty07 said:

+1

as long as it's received in good condition who cares. topps is in a position to replace the card if it is damaged. this is the same as buying insurance to me. its all a gamble. once it hits the mail.
No, Topps is in a position to replace a card if it has a chance to be damaged because it wasn't sent the best possible way.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
josh3302 said:
mburgin said:
matfanofold said:
matty07 said:

+1

No, Topps is in a position to replace a card if it has a chance to be damaged because it wasn't sent the best possible way.
see, you answered your own question here then. they sent the card and it was received undamaged. if it was damaged they would have replaced it. are you to stupid to see your own point or are you asking for sympathy from somebody else because you feel you were wronged? grow up man and quit whining!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
chashawk said:
Anthony K. said:

How many people do you think get their's bent in half?
Or with a crease or dinged corner? Maybe if enough people
call, Topps will take more care with how they send.

Well, if you read my post I said "if NOTHING is wrong".

You mentioned situations in which SOMETHING WAS wrong.

Two different situations, no?

G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Anthony K.":3cfnvks6]Why complain if nothing was wrong with the card?

Maybe so others don't get theirs cards ruined? I dunno, just an idea. I would call them and let them know, why not? Just politely tell them that the card is falling out of the top loaders and to use a soft sleeve and to even tape the top loader shut.[/quote:3cfnvks6]

I've received a card in a bubble mailer, team bag, penny sleeve and top loader and something happened to it.

As someone else said in this thread, once it is in the mail, it is all a gamble.

As I said earlier, no damage, no need for a phone call.

Members online

Latest posts