Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants fans, who do the giants go after?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
The giants had a great first half, and their pitching has been the key to their success. however, if we really want to compete with the Dodgers, we need to pick up a big bat. Besides Matt Holliday who else do you think the giants will look at?

(I bet Billy Beane is interested in a few of the prospects in the Giant's system)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Freddy Sanchez!

sfgiantsnews.blogspot.com
Great player, doesn't seem like the bat we need.

not a fan of nick johnson, but i've heard rumors of him.

Pretty much off limits:
Lincecum
Cain
Bumgarner
Posey

One of the bottom two may go for a Fielder caliber player (Not saying that is who the Giants should go after).

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
AKA Coastal said:
Luke Scott?
Break out players are dangerous but i wouldn't mind to see him in the SF uniforms.

mox- if i hear them saying they will go hard after sanchez or laroche, i'll personally go kick management's ass lol jk

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
AKA Coastal said:
Luke Scott?
Break out players are dangerous but i wouldn't mind to see him in the SF uniforms.

mox- if i hear them saying they will go hard after sanchez or laroche, i'll personally go kick management's ass lol jk

Yea, cant go wrong with .300 18HR 51RBI if he can keep it up. Stick him in left field. He's still really underrated.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":1tilmlza]Luke Scott?

Yea, cant go wrong with .300 18HR 51RBI if he can keep it up. Stick him in left field. He's still really underrated.[/quote:1tilmlza]
True :)

What kind of players would the O's need? Obviously not SP with all their young guys. If he's underrated would they expect a lot?

I wanted the giants to package johnathan sanchez and fred lewis in a deal with a prospect or two.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2jsh93gh]Luke Scott?

Yea, cant go wrong with .300 18HR 51RBI if he can keep it up. Stick him in left field. He's still really underrated.

What kind of players would the O's need? Obviously not SP with all their young guys. If he's underrated would they expect a lot?

I wanted the giants to package johnathan sanchez and fred lewis in a deal with a prospect or two.[/quote:2jsh93gh]

I know they want a shortstop.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":26hvaobh]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":26hvaobh]Luke Scott?

I wanted the giants to package johnathan sanchez and fred lewis in a deal with a prospect or two.[/quote:26hvaobh]

I know they want a shortstop.[/quote:26hvaobh]
Hmm Brandon Crawford seems like he'd be in that package for scott.

Crawford, Lewis and i dunno clayton tanner/roger kienshnick, neal?

I dunno lol.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":1ojcsa4g]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":1ojcsa4g]Luke Scott?

I wanted the giants to package johnathan sanchez and fred lewis in a deal with a prospect or two.

I know they want a shortstop.[/quote:1ojcsa4g]

I dunno lol.[/quote:1ojcsa4g]

They certainly don't need anymore outfielders. I would say Crawford, Sanchez, and Medders might do it.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
They need something..I do not care what the stats say, the Giants are the worst offensive team that I have ever seen. Watching them the last few days has been painful. Watching their pitching, though, has been pretty amazing.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Jays_Cards said:
They need something..I do not care what the stats say, the Giants are the worst offensive team that I have ever seen. Watching them the last few days has been painful. Watching their pitching, though, has been pretty amazing.
yup, pretty much.

the only teams offense i think is worse are the A's lol

maybe the pirates, but we lost to them twice ::facepalm::

richezOne

Aug 11, 2008
BAY AREA, CA
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3k6i336d]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3k6i336d]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3k6i336d]Luke Scott?

I know they want a shortstop.[/quote:3k6i336d]

I dunno lol.[/quote:3k6i336d]

They certainly don't need anymore outfielders. I would say Crawford, Sanchez, and Medders might do it.[/quote:3k6i336d]

I wouldnt deal Medders... He is probably our best Reliever and should be closing IMO.
Im tired of wilson and his shaky outings.

One guy I hope we try for is Adam Dunn... I think He can fill our "Big Bat" everyones looking for and 1b spot..
I also would play schierholtz everyday... I think this dude got the 2nd best bat on the team! :shock:

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
richezOne said:
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":32dh5f2d]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":32dh5f2d]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":32dh5f2d]Luke Scott?

I know they want a shortstop.

I dunno lol.[/quote:32dh5f2d]

They certainly don't need anymore outfielders. I would say Crawford, Sanchez, and Medders might do it.[/quote:32dh5f2d]

I wouldnt deal Medders... He is probably our best Reliever and should be closing IMO.

One guy I hope we try for is Adam Dunn... I think He can fill our "Big Bat" everyones looking for and 1b spot..
I also would play schierholtz everyday... I think this dude got the 2nd best bat on the team! :shock:[/quote:32dh5f2d]
Agreed on everything you said, except Jeremy > Medders :p

Despite his year so far, I would really like the Giants to get Holliday, especially since he knows the NL (playing for the Rockies for so many years).

If we get an Outfielder, who sits/rotates?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
richezOne said:
AKA Coastal said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2n1nnvvs]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2n1nnvvs]
darocker80 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2n1nnvvs]Luke Scott?

[/quote:2n1nnvvs][/quote:2n1nnvvs][/quote:2n1nnvvs]

What games are you watching that would make you think Medders is the best reliever? He's one of our worst. He's a good reliever but no where near the best in our bullpen. Affeldt and Romo are 10 times the reliever he is.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I disagree with you Ken. Freddy Sanchez is exactly the type of hitter the Giants need. A "power hitter" will be useless to us. He will come here and his numbers will go down and we'll be left with a .275 hitter with warning track power at AT&T Park. We need someone to hit above 300 and drive in runs. Freddy Sanchez would excel in our park.

Latest posts