Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show off your Josh Becketts!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Re: What's up with Josh Beckett prices?

Jays_Cards said:
Im fairly certain that no one else here collects Beckett, but since I have started buying him again, I have noticed a 250-300% increase in his rarer cards over what I was paying 3 weeks ago. Anyone else notice a jump in prices for someone they collect in this short amount of time?
I have some of his stuff, not Boston related though

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Pine Tar said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1yqyzzec]Im fairly certain that no one else here collects Beckett, but since I have started buying him again, I have noticed a 250-300% increase in his rarer cards over what I was paying 3 weeks ago. Anyone else notice a jump in prices for someone they collect in this short amount of time?
I have some of his stuff, not Boston related though[/quote:1yqyzzec]
scan0010.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

matfanofold said:
Could you post a few in question?

The links on most are dead now, but here are few surprises...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Donruss-Classi ... 1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Fleer-Flair-JO ... 1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-SP-Legendary-C ... 1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-SPx-SuperScrip ... 1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/04-SWEET-SPOT-SIGNA ... 1|294%3A50

I paid $8.50 for the sweet spot last month, $9.50 for the SPX at the same time, and $12 for the Donruss Classics. Also there is an UD Black Prodigious currently over $25 with lots of time left that I picked up for less than $20 last month.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

Pine Tar said:
[quote="Pine Tar":1fogo3qi][quote="Jays_Cards":1fogo3qi]Im fairly certain that no one else here collects Beckett, but since I have started buying him again, I have noticed a 250-300% increase in his rarer cards over what I was paying 3 weeks ago. Anyone else notice a jump in prices for someone they collect in this short amount of time?
I have some of his stuff, not Boston related though[/quote:1fogo3qi]
scan0010.jpg[/quote:1fogo3qi]

That is pretty sweet..If you are looking to get rid of some of his stuff, shoot me a PM with what you have and what you need.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Pine Tar":1bfv1n4k][quote="Pine Tar":1bfv1n4k][quote="Jays_Cards":1bfv1n4k]Im fairly certain that no one else here collects Beckett, but since I have started buying him again, I have noticed a 250-300% increase in his rarer cards over what I was paying 3 weeks ago. Anyone else notice a jump in prices for someone they collect in this short amount of time?
I have some of his stuff, not Boston related though[/quote:1bfv1n4k]
scan0010.jpg[/quote:1bfv1n4k]

That is pretty sweet..If you are looking to get rid of some of his stuff, shoot me a PM with what you have and what you need.[/quote:1bfv1n4k]
I'm not sure where his stuff is but I do know where that card is. :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

I collect him but all of his stuff went up since he went to Boston so I kinda chilled a little on it.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

predatorkj said:
I collect him but all of his stuff went up since he went to Boston so I kinda chilled a little on it.

His stuff has been pretty down for a long time, but as of late it has been going way, way up, and I cannot really explain it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Jays_Cards said:
predatorkj said:

His stuff has been pretty down for a long time, but as of late it has been going way, way up, and I cannot really explain it.
I would just think since he and the team is doing good it was only a matter of time.
Note I say this without even looking what he has done in his lat 3-4 starts. ::facepalm:: :D

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY

since you've added yourself into the mix, that is one more high end beckett collector now out there

dave

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI

I think, in general, when an established star heats up his cards will to. Many solid stars, Beckett is probably a good example, have well established prices to begin with. Also you will see rarer cards pop up. Beckett is pitching very well, getting a lot of face time, and the Sox are winning.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

scotty21690 said:
It's because he is so damned good!! :mrgreen:

Agreed. Im hoping he wins a Cy soon so I can get my Logomen back :(

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008

I hope the RED pops up from this year so I can finish the rainbow.

Shep

beckett.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

shepsspot said:
I hope the RED pops up from this year so I can finish the rainbow.

Shep

beckett.jpg

You know, I really hate it when you show that card :lol:

Members online

Latest posts