Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the best Houston Astro prospect?

Who is the best Houston Astro prospect?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Easily Castro. When Lyles dominates higher levels like he has the lower ones, then he can enter the discussion.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Interesting that every single selection has received at least one vote, although it is clear that Lyles and Castro are the top 2. Where do you see them on a top 100 list?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
soccerman034 said:
Interesting that every single selection has received at least one vote, although it is clear that Lyles and Castro are the top 2. Where do you see them on a top 100 list?

Castro would be in my 30-40 range, and Lyles around 50-60.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
soccerman034 said:

I'm not so sure that "it is clear" that Lyles is the #2 in the Stros farm system. Actually IMO B.Norris & C.Johnson have more of a steady claim to spot #2 & #3 than Lyles does (& I'd even consider Bogusevic at #4 over Lyles)....It's nice the performance that he's put forth this year but wipe away half a season's worth of stat's & Lyles doesn't even make your poll above for the top 5 (I think it is a bit hasty to play "hopscotch" with prospect's just because they've had a solid first half in Low-A...though I do admit that he is showing promise at his age in Low-A). :D

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
If Lyles was a lefty he would be drawing praise like Bumgarner last year. IMO Lyles is going to have a better career than Bumgarner.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
If Lyles was a lefty he would be drawing praise like Bumgarner last year. IMO Lyles is going to have a better career than Bumgarner.

:shock: Wow....(sorry, that is all that I could come up with)! :lol:

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
HoustonTeams4Me said:
soccerman034 said:

I'm not so sure that "it is clear" that Lyles is the #2 in the Stros farm system. Actually IMO B.Norris & C.Johnson have more of a steady claim to spot #2 & #3 than Lyles does (& I'd even consider Bogusevic at #4 over Lyles)....It's nice the performance that he's put forth this year but wipe away half a season's worth of stat's & Lyles doesn't even make your poll above for the top 5 (I think it is a bit hasty to play "hopscotch" with prospect's just because they've had a solid first half in Low-A...though I do admit that he is showing promise at his age in Low-A). :D

But Lyles DID make his poll for the top 5.

He is number TWO in votes, behind only Castro.

Talent wise, he is the second best player in the Astros farm system.

I would put them like this: Castro, Lyles, Johnson, Paulino, Norris, Seaton, Bogusevic (that would be MY top 7 Astros prospects).

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Anthony K. said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
soccerman034 said:

But Lyles DID make his poll for the top 5.

He is number TWO in votes, behind only Castro.

Talent wise, he is the second best player in the Astros farm system.

I would put them like this: Castro, Lyles, Johnson, Paulino, Norris, Seaton, Bogusevic (that would be MY top 7 Astros prospects).

Yes Lyles did make this poll for the top 5 (due to alot of hype & some stellar pitching in Low-A). Just because he is #2 in votes on this site really means squat (I've noticed ALOT, if not most, of the discussion's about prospect's being skewed as our member's are geared towards card's & thier potential; when this kind of view enters the mix you can basically come up with a completely different end result, as if you were just solely speaking prospect's without any conotation to sports-card's).

"Talent wise, he is the second best player in the Astros farm system."- This is your "opinion" & I respectfully disagree with it. :D

Members online

No members online now.