Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Co-Signers>>>>>>discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Hi-

The co-signers set has tons of parallels, and for PC guys there is a market for them.

These are just the Utley cards in 07 alone: :shock: 06, 08 and (I guess) 09 are the same amounts.

#1A Utley/Howard Blue
#1A Utley/Howard Bronze
#1A Utley/Howard Gold
#1A Utley/Howard Red
#1A Utley/Howard Silver Blue
#1A Utley/Howard Silver Bronze
#1A Utley/Howard Silver Gold
#1A Utley/Howard Silver Red
#1A Utley/Howard Hyper Plaid Silver
#1A Utley Howard Hyper Silver Blue
#1A Utley/Howard Hyper Silver Gold
#1A Utley/Howard Hyper Silver Red
#42B Utley/Rollins Blue
#42B Utley/Rollins Bronze
#42B Utley/Rollins Gold
#428 Utley/Rollins Red
#42B Utley/Rollins Silver Blue
#42B Utley/Rollins Silver Bronze
#42B Utley/Rollins Silver Gold
#428 Utley/Rollins Silver Red
#42B Utley/Rollins Hyper Plaid Silver
#42B Utley/Rollins Hyper Silver Blue
#42B Utley/Rollins Hyper Silver Gold
#42B Utley/Rollins Hyper Silver Red

That's a ton, and yes there are serious SP's and 1/1's and such but still I have never seen most of those pop up and can only imagine that most of you PC guys can say the same about your guy.

So,
Why is there such a small amount of co-signers on the market? And where are all these cards? Topps warehouses?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Gomes was in the '07 set, and, being paired with just one player, had only 16 cards. Oddly enough, I found all the parallels (as well as the 1/1 and spot plate) except for the one /175, which took me months to find.

By and large the cards probably don't sell for much, and I would imagine that is why they are not listed all that often. As much as one person may want a card, it takes two to make it worth selling. (That 2002 Just Prospects Prototypes Gomes card keeps telling me that...)

Edited to add: By the way, the 1/1 parallel is, in my opinion, the nicest looking Gomes card that I have.

07-63.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly...because they suck.As far as I have ever heard...this product just wasn't worth busting.I have some of the base sets and a I am working on others but I have never heard much that was good about it.My guess is a lot of it just never got busted.I opened one box and I was not too thrilled with it.It wasn't that bad but nowhere near what the box went for.These things would have to go for around $40(I paid $80 for mine) for me to even consider buying another one.And even then...probably not.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
LWMM said:
Gomes was in the '07 set, and, being paired with just one player, had only 16 cards. Oddly enough, I found all the parallels (as well as the 1/1 and spot plate) except for the one /175, which took me months to find.

By and large the cards probably don't sell for much, and I would imagine that is why they are not listed all that often. As much as one person may want a card, it takes two to make it worth selling. (That 2002 Just Prospects Prototypes Gomes card keeps telling me that...)

Edited to add: By the way, the 1/1 parallel is, in my opinion, the nicest looking Gomes card that I have.

07-63.jpg

Old school xfractor technology. I miss old school xfractors.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
The reason they don't pop up often is because they aren't worth selling. The parallels are rare enough that you don't pull a ton of them, and they are hard to sell individual cards of players because of shipping costs. Even if you win the card for .99 it ends up costing 3.99, and that sucks if the seller only has the one card you want.

I really like the hyper foil and hyper plaid versions.

/5, /1, and /1
2007-0505.jpg2007-0506.jpg2008-0223.jpg

Members online

Latest posts