Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
What would these grade based on centering? The corners are super sharp and the edges are nice too.

Card 1:
scan0017.jpg

Card 2:
scan0016.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
No offence, but thoes are some of the worst scans I have ever seen accompanied by your question. They could be 5's or 9's, cant tell from quality scans let alone thoes..

Jan 15, 2009
matfanofold said:
No offence, but thoes are some of the worst scans I have ever seen accompanied by your question. They could be 5's or 9's, cant tell from quality scans let alone thoes..
I had to let my dad do them since I am on a vacation.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I'm thinking 9, but I've had cards with worse centering get 9.5.

It's pretty borderline.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Messier2 said:
I'm going to say 9 at best because the T/B centering is off a bit.
Thanks. I hope the grader is feeling generous. How can you tell if the T/B centering is off on these cards?

Well, to put it in lay-man's terms...the top is thinner than the bottom! lol!

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Messier2 said:
I'm going to say 9 at best because the T/B centering is off a bit.
Thanks. I hope the grader is feeling generous. How can you tell if the T/B centering is off on these cards?

If the top boarder is fatter than the bottom boarder, it is off center T/B.

If the left boarder is fatter than the right boarder, it is off center L/R.

You're looking at easy 9's, possible 9.5's because I haven't really seen how 2009 Chrome is grading.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I was just thinking that since all 09 Chromes were like that it would be easier for grading.

My bigger concern would be the SURFACE.....I have looked at several 2009 and can tell you the surface is what to pay close attention to.

Members online

Latest posts