Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Orioles acquire Cla Meredith from Padres for Oscar Salazar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Not a bad trade. Any opinions Padres/Orioles fans?

I hope Oscar gets a chance to play everyday in SD. He was hitting well when he got his AB's.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
markakis8 said:

I hope Oscar gets a chance to play everyday in SD. He was hitting well when he got his AB's.

Too grouchy for my taste.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yeah but his home is a haven for keeping the world clean....

Jaypers said:
markakis8 said:

Too grouchy for my taste.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Seems like an odd trade for both teams. I guess the O's get younger but Meredith simply isn't that good. Not that they lose anything long term with Salazar but still....

And why the hell are the Padres acquiring a 31 year-old pinch hitter?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think the Orioles are just wanting some bullpen help in preparation for trading Baez or Ray. The players they will get in return for either of those two won't be MLB-ready. And let's face it, the Orioles have one of the worst bullpens in the MLB. Besides Johnson and Sherill, the bullpen becomes a disgrace. I'm surprised some of our pitchers haven't been put on the DL for strained necks. Meredith is actually an upgrade.

braden said:
Seems like an odd trade for both teams. I guess the O's get younger but Meredith simply isn't that good. Not that they lose anything long term with Salazar but still....

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
this trade is pointless why do the orioles need bullpen help if they arent gettign anywhere anytime soon and the padres are a waste of a team this year

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
b/c the reason i just stated above.

colts1888 said:
this trade is pointless why do the orioles need bullpen help if they arent gettign anywhere anytime soon and the padres are a waste of a team this year

braden

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
I think the Orioles are just wanting some bullpen help in preparation for trading Baez or Ray. The players they will get in return for either of those two won't be MLB-ready. And let's face it, the Orioles have one of the worst bullpens in the MLB. Besides Johnson and Sherill, the bullpen becomes a disgrace. I'm surprised some of our pitchers haven't been put on the DL for strained necks. Meredith is actually an upgrade.
braden said:

Yikes, I know the O's bullpen is atrocious but a 1.6 WHIP in an extreme pitcher's park, in the NL is not likely to translate well to the AL East.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Maybe Cla will improve dramatically in the AL? Who knows?

Why not give Salazar a chance to play more than he did in Baltimore? I believe it's a good trade since Salazar provided a strong trade bait (a great pinch-hitter / the player of momentum). And Cla is cheap, and he might pitch better since he's from Richmond, VA...

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
As a former Cla collector... I'm quite happy with this trade. Kinda sad to see Salazar go but hopefully he'll play more in SD.

.............. now I just gotta get my Cla orange refractor back somehow. :?

Members online