Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which idiot at Upper Deck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
decided that Nick Swisher's signature looked better upside down?

On all of Nick Swisher's 2008 Heroes autographs they placed the stickers on upside down. What the heck is wrong with them?

2008 Heroes Autograph
!BWfSkGQBGk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBK(p)q8L,w~~_12.jpg

There are three of the blue, and a grey on ebay w/upside down stickers

Rightside-up, on-card Masterpieces Autograph
!BWe5wOgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmYLs0BK(ny6w)kw~~_12.jpg

So, either Swisher signed the cards upside down or UpperDeck put the stickers upside down. Which do you think? ::facepalm::

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
You know there is a machine that does this, and if you load it in the machine
upside down (even though you) don't know which way is up, It happens.

Now let's hear that they hire foreign workers to do this job ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Maybe if the player took more time to sign it, someone would be able to figure out which side went up. That might be one of the most horrible signatures I have ever seen. Looks like a two year old scribbled on a sticker. So in this case I blame the lazy player.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
AndruwHRJones said:
Maybe if the player took more time to sign it, someone would be able to figure out which side went up.
Exactly.
Not many people (both athletes and us common folk) care about their penmanship anymore.
I know players hate signing thousands of cards and stickers, but when they're getting paid for it, show some damn pride.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
LaneyB said:
He likes to sign his name in arabic.

You know, if you flip his signature horizontally (mirror image) instead of vertically, as Upper Deck did, those actually would be arabic characters, and joined correctly to boot. Not that it would mean anything (nawawak or similar)...

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Funny reminds me of when I was younger and cashed my check at the bar
I scribbled my sig and he said i cant read it son right it like a real man
i said thats my sig he said not if you want your money nuff said i signed 2 times ::facepalm::

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Got this from an official Upper Deck press release :

"It has been discovered that long time employee Jack Parker, a father of an 8 year old White Sox fan, decided to run Nick Swishers autographs upside down in our Heroes product as a tribute to his son Nathan, who was born on July 22. We at Upper Deck apologize for any inconvenience, and ask for your understanding. We also wonder why you would ask a question like that. Our only assumption is that you are unfamiliar with Upper Deck and our company's lacky of quality control. If we can put Wayne Gretzky's autograph upside down, we can do it to anybody. Thank you for you time, and your future purchases."

Did my fabricated statement come close perhaps? :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
craiger122003 said:
Funny reminds me of when I was younger and cashed my check at the bar
I scribbled my sig and he said i cant read it son right it like a real man
i said thats my sig he said not if you want your money nuff said i signed 2 times ::facepalm::
I could be wrong, but don't us men typically have crappy signatures as a whole?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
who frickin cares. you are buying the autograph for who the player is, what he stands for, or what he has accomplished in the game. if you are buying his autograph b/c of the way "it looks" then you are by far in the minority and just....weird...

the guy signs (along with every other famous MLB player) like tens of thousands of autographs per year...i'm surprised more autos from other players are not up to "standard"

cowboysrule48 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
braden said:
In their defence, that's a horrendous autograph.

+1

When Swisher puts a letter that's actually in his name in his autograph (i see an L), then complain.

It looks like he wrote "Ejel"

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
markakis8 said:
who frickin cares. you are buying the autograph for who the player is, what he stands for, or what he has accomplished in the game. if you are buying his autograph b/c of the way "it looks" then you are by far in the minority and just....weird...

the guy signs (along with every other famous MLB player) like tens of thousands of autographs per year...i'm surprised more autos from other players are not up to "standard"

cowboysrule48 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
braden said:
In their defence, that's a horrendous autograph.

+1

When Swisher puts a letter that's actually in his name in his autograph (i see an L), then complain.

It looks like he wrote "Ejel"
I do collect White Sox, but the thing that really made me go after this one? His signature looks awesome. I'm in the minority I guess, but really - try and tell me this signature isn't one of the nicer ones of current players...

broadwaylance06bowmanheritage.png

Members online