Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why did this end so low, Griff rc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Wow. That is surprising. I'd love to find a '90 Leaf uncut sheet with the Thomas. I do own a '90 Topps uncut sheet with his RC though.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
XdanX said:
Why did this end so low?
I guess some people were scared off by the description, which said some cards are creased and the Griffey is only in excellent condition.
It's still an awesome piece.
I didn't know some cards were printed upside down on sheets.
I guess that explains why it was so annoying to open old Upper Deck packs, having to flip over every other card.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Reason why im interested is because i met a guy today who has a bunch of these and are in great condition. He has sheets that are full of errors like cards with more then 1 ud hologram and some with none.

brumbach

For the most part I have found modern sheets to not be as popular as vintage pieces. Also, the description was poorly written with regards to the conditions of specific cards:

UNCUT SHEET OF 1989 UPPER DECK ORIGINAL AUTHENTIC BASEBALL CARDS. THE CARDS HAVE THE HOLOFOIL EMBLEM ON THE BACK. THE KEN GRIFFEY JR SEATTLE MARINERS ROOKIE CARD IS IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER AND IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. NOT A COMPLETE SET OF THE CARDS BUT HAS THE KEY CARDS ON THE SHEET. LARGE POSTER SIZE 35" BY 27" SIZE. THE CARD SHEET IS NOT MINT AS IT HAS BEEN STORED LOOSELY ROLLED UP AND NEEDS TO BE FRAMED TO FLATTEN IT OUT PERMANATELY. THE CARD SHEET HAS A FEW MINOR LIGHT CREASE MARKS VISIBLE ON SOME OF THE CARD SPOTS AND BOTTOM CORNERS ARE LIGHTLY DINGED. WILL DISPLAY WELL IF IT IS FRAMED.

And from the questions:
Q: Are the Griffey and Randy Johnson cards both in Mint condition? Are the holograms on both complete and also in Mint condition? Jul-07-09
A: THE GRIFFEY CARD LOOKS LIKE IT IS IN NEARMINT CONDITION WITH NO SCRATCHES OR WEAR BUT KEEP IN MIND THE CARD SHEET HAS BEEN ROLLED UP. THE OUTER EDGE OF THE CARD SHEET HAS SOME MINOR WEAR IN SPOTS. THE RANDY JOHNSON CARD HAS A SCUFF MARK ON FRONT OF THE CARD.

Kind of looks like the seller just wanted to get rid of the thing and use the fact that it has been rolled up for 20 years as the default response to any questions regarding condition.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Still, though, it's an incredible piece if putting together a "man room". The house we bought 1 1/2 years ago has a central area in the upstairs between my boy's rooms and my office which is right now a playroom with stuff for the near 3 year old. When he gets a little older - 4 or 5, we're going to convert it into a baseball room -- framing the Cole Hamels jerseys that he sent me and my big guy, putting up all kinds of Phillies stuff, and a big framed sheet of cards would be awesome, especially the vibrant colors from an 1989 UD sheet (vs. a Topps sheet... I actually have a 1984 topps uncut sheet w/ Ripken but it's nowhere near as colorful as the UD sheet). Now, although my son does know a fair amount of baseball history, I would think it would be more appropriate to have current players on a sheet -- unfortunately, it doesn't look as though uncut sheets hit the market anymore -- even from the big UD and Topps base sets.

Anyone seen them?

Members online

Latest posts