Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Yes, I Suck" - Jose Guillien

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frow

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1336851.html

Some interesting quotes from Jose Guillien. Kind of nice to actually hear someone stand up and take responsibility.

“I hate making excuses,” he said. “If I suck, then I suck. And I suck. That’s the way I’m playing. If you suck, you suck. You have to take responsibility in this game. Right now, that’s the way I feel.

“Yes, I suck.”

“I’m embarrassed by the money that I’m making,” Guillen said, “and playing the way I’ve been playing. I’ll swear that on my kids’ (lives). I feel very embarrassed.

“Sometimes, I feel I should take money out of my own pocket and buy tickets for every fan. Because you know what? For a $12-million man, these are not the numbers you should be expecting. I admit it. I’m not playing to my potential.”

“I know I’m not 100 percent,” he said. “I know the type of hitter I am. People know when I’m right, they know the type of hitter I am. Some of this stuff is fixable. So I’ll keep trying to get better.

“Some days, I feel it’s getting better, but some days, I feel I’m going backward. What can you do? You keep fighting. You’re a warrior. So keep trying. Hopefully, it gets better. I’m not going to make excuses.”

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
So when is he going to start taking the money out of his own pocket and buying the fans tickets?

Members online