Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question with selling chrome lots.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
What do you as a buyer/seller prefer, just a picture of the card your bidding on or a picture of the whole lot. (lot is all the same player) thanks !

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
If I'm buying a chrome lot, I want to see all of the cards for centering purposes.

I have 110 different chrome auction lots from 2007 bowman chrome draft on eBay right now and it's just not worth the time and effort to scan each one in individually, so I have a scan of a 2007 BDP box... most buyers know when a large break is occurring, scans are not typical.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jeff N. said:
If I'm buying a chrome lot, I want to see all of the cards for centering purposes.

I have 110 different chrome auction lots from 2007 bowman chrome draft on eBay right now and it's just not worth the time and effort to scan each one in individually, so I have a scan of a 2007 BDP box... most buyers know when a large break is occurring, scans are not typical.

Your response is really hypocritical and backwards.

You want to see everything you buy, but you don't feel the need to show all that you sell.

Interesting logic...

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jeff N. said:

You want to see everything you buy, but you don't feel the need to show all that you sell.

Interesting logic...

Reading the post, I had the same reaction. As a buyer, you want to see all the cards, yet as a seller, you don't feel the need to showcase each card. Why?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
If it's more than 15, it's kinda hard to show them all, but under 15, definitely show them all off.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys, the lots im putting up are in the 15 to 25 count range.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
XdanX said:
Thanks guys, the lots im putting up are in the 15 to 25 count range.

What I've done in the past is show one up close and then the entire lot to show that there actually is the quantity available that I state in the auction.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jeff N. said:

Interesting logic...

There's really no need to be insulting Adam.

Mrmem and other sellers, when selling large numbers of lots, don't scan individual cards. It takes too much time. As a buyer, if I see that the seller has 100+ auctions from the same product, it doesn't bother me at all if there's no scan.

If I'm the seller and I'm just selling one lot of Chrome cards of a player that I have, then I will take the time to scan each card if the lot warrants it (ie if the lot will sell for $5+). If the lot's going to sell for a buck, then no, it's not worht it.

As a buyer, if the seller has only one auction up and doesn't have a scan of all of the cards, I won't bid on it.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
So does anyone ever bid LESS if not every card is scanned? I assume zero picture is a cutoff.

But say you're bidding on a 5 card lot and only one card is scanned. Do you bid less?

What about multi-card lots with mixed chrome, base, and gold? What's the scan expectation on those lots?

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
If it’s a year w/known centering issues (02 bcdp; 07 bcdp to some degree), I want to see a scan of @ least 2 cards- ideally representing the bulk of centering. If it’s a 10 ct lot or less, I’d like to see all cards. Too many sellers cherry pick lots + have no scan or scan the best 1 + when you get the lot, you find 19/20 are horribly off center.

As a seller, I tend to scan just 1 card b/c it’s more time effective. However, I scan the card that’s most representative of the centering in the lot- e.g., if 19/20 are horribly centered, I’m NOT going to scan the 1 perfectly centered card. I have a large # of repeat buyers who know I do NOT cherrypick my base chrome lots AND they know if they’re NOT happy w/the lots, I offer a 100%, no questions asked, return policy. In my case, I think it’s ok to scan just 1 card, but for 10ct or less lots, I’ll often take the extra time to scan them all.

As for mr.mem not scanning all cards, he doesn’t cherry pick, so I think he’s earned the right not to scan the cards. Not so sure that’s true for most other sellers, though there are some others who do NOT cherry pick lots + I feel totally comfortable buying from them w/o a scan.

Members online

Latest posts