Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees = 1st Place in AL East

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
:)

Who cares about the 0-8 versus Boston. That Yankees still have 10 more games vs the Sox and I can't wait. This is a very different Yankees team.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
jdacunha said:
Who cares about the 0-8 versus Boston.

Ok now that is funny. :lol:

Yankee fans can deny it all they want being 0-8 against the Red Sox pisses you guys off more than anything.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
beefycheddar said:
Winning 8 in a row this year is nothing compared to winning 4 in a row in 2004.

As a Yankees fan I must say touche man. That one cuts deep. It looks like to me it's going to be one hell of a chance to the finish line with the Yankees, Sox, and Rays. The 0-8 Yankees is a different team than the one that will face the Sox coming up. Bring it.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
beefycheddar said:

As a Yankee fan, whenever I would bring up stuff like this, I was always told by Red Sox fans I was "living in the past." That is all.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
beefycheddar said:

As a Yankees fan I must say touche man. That one cuts deep. It looks like to me it's going to be one hell of a chance to the finish line with the Yankees, Sox, and Rays. The 0-8 Yankees is a different team than the one that will face the Sox coming up. Bring it.

I had a crowd chanting Boston sucks at me at a Phish show on Long Island. I just started chanting back 2004 and the response was "oooooohhhh" and just "That's wrong man"

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

As a Yankee fan, whenever I would bring up stuff like this, I was always told by Red Sox fans I was "living in the past." That is all.

2004 is a little different than 1998...

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

When you talk about this decade it's different than just chanting 1918. We are close to an entire decade of no Yankee titles now, and probably close to two billion spent.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
beefycheddar said:
kdailey4315 said:
beefycheddar said:

I had a crowd chanting Boston sucks at me at a Phish show on Long Island. I just started chanting back 2004 and the response was "oooooohhhh" and just "That's wrong man"

All I have to say to that is that's the easiest and possibly only way to "shut up" a Yankee's fan.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/roster.php?y=1998&t=BOS

The 1998 Sox had maybe 2 Hall of Famers on the Roster, one of which was very at the end of his career, and one was Pedro.

KEITH MITCHELL PLAYED ON THAT TEAM!!!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
beefycheddar said:
Jays_Cards said:
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

The 1998 Sox had maybe 2 Hall of Famers on the Roster, one of which was very at the end of his career, and one was Pedro.

I was talking about the last time the Yankees were relevant (1998-2000). At least Red Sox fans do not have to go back a full decade to talk about something relevant. A decade without winning is a pretty big sorespot for a team that nearly doubles everyone else's payroll every year.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
beefycheddar said:
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

When you talk about this decade it's different than just chanting 1918. We are close to an entire decade of no Yankee titles now, and probably close to two billion spent.

I don't think I've ever chanted 1918 in my life. Just saying. I'm well aware of how long its been with no titles. I don't see the relevance. Good night. I'll sleep well.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Jays_Cards said:
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

26 titles to 7

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
KOBEARODLT said:
beefycheddar said:
Jays_Cards said:
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

26 titles to 7

EXACTLY OUR POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":370aczzn]
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

I was talking about the last time the Yankees were relevant (1998-2000). At least Red Sox fans do not have to go back a full decade to talk about something relevant. A decade without winning is a pretty big sorespot for a team that nearly doubles everyone else's payroll every year.[/quote:370aczzn]

I was more pointing out that sure we had some horrid years, but if we talk in this millennium there has been a clear winner so far.

2004%20alcs%20globe%20stan%20grossfeld.jpg

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":3biw3ciq]
xcantgobackx said:
beefycheddar said:

I was talking about the last time the Yankees were relevant (1998-2000). At least Red Sox fans do not have to go back a full decade to talk about something relevant. A decade without winning is a pretty big sorespot for a team that nearly doubles everyone else's payroll every year.[/quote:3biw3ciq]

who cares if its a full decade or not, it happened and if you want to say its the past than you can say the 07 and 04 season was the past....the fact is boston has a lot of games to win before they get 26 titles...and im a tigers fan but i hate how the redsox think they are the greatest team in baseball all time

Members online