Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs (really) 0-2 now after All Star Break

Do the Cubs turn it around?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Sure they were facing the red hot Phillies but tonight they were shut down and were embarrassed once again by an elite team. I don't know what needs to be changed with this team and they seem to have the pieces put together but they are not performing!!!!

To all the Cubs faithful, what do you think should be done? Does the current team get it together? Who should they target at the deadline if moves are made?

I'm not freaking out but something needs to change or it will be a very long second half!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hey are they not 4-2 after the All-Star break?
Anyway I think they need to leave Bradley on the bench and Sit AL drop-o down as well.
And then I don;t even know what else needs to happen. ::facepalm::

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
My impressions of them,

I was REALLY impressed by Harden. I watched one of his starts a week or two ago at Wrigley and it was horrible.

I don't think the lineup is anything special. Lee is really the only one I would worry about.

Milton Bradley is a joke. Never have liked the guy.

I still think they have a shot as they have pretty good SP and a good bulpen, but it might not be enough.

It was great win tonight for the Phils. Going in to the game it felt like a loss because this has to come to an end soon. Thrilling ending with great plays(I thought Lidge's kick would have made web gems) and of course the walkoff.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I think Soto being on the D.L. right now hurts a bit.....let's face it, Koyie Hill doesn't have much of a bat.

I think Soriano and Bradley need to be dealt in the offseason, no team is going to want to trade for them now. With that being said, I think Jake Fox and Hoffpauir should be getting more at bats, Fox especially. All he has done this year is produce, whether it be in AAA, or with the big club. Batting over .300 with 5 or 6 HRs and around 20 RBIs in limited playing time.

I think starting pitching and relievers have been pretty good this year. Wells has a pleasant surprise, and I am glad Pinella has stuck with him.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
My bad I meant 0-2 Vs Elite Teams!!! ::facepalm::

I'm really hoping that Hendry can figure something out. The signing of Milton was the biggest mistakes in awhile. I still cringe every time he catches a flyout with 1 out. Soriano could go down as the worst signing ever but with him he is due to break out anytime. I agree with giving Hoff and J-Fox more playing time. They both deserve it and I sure wish someone would take on those two contracts of Bradley and Soriano.

Let's just hope they can everything together and make a push! I still have faith in those battlin Cubs!

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Do the Cubs ever turn it around????

I just dont see them being better than the Cardinals or the Brewers in the second half, regardless of where they are standing right now. Barring some sort of trade, you might as well just face it and "wait till next year"

TK

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
pujolsthomefan33 said:

I just dont see them being better than the Cardinals or the Brewers in the second half, regardless of where they are standing right now. Barring some sort of trade, you might as well just face it and "wait till next year"

TK
It has been "wait till next year" since the first 3 weeks of the season.
I wish they would do better but, it is not working, either for the pitching, or then
them hitting. They miss a Mark Derosa kind of guy in this team.

I see the Cubs finishing in second bit not even making the wild card this year.
Sorry Cub fans, (for which I'm one) they just don't have the stones to win the games
they can.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Pine Tar said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK
It has been "wait till next year" since the first 3 weeks of the season.
I wish they would do better but, it is not working, either for the pitching, or then
them hitting. They miss a Mark Derosa kind of guy in this team.

I see the Cubs finishing in second bit not even making the wild card this year.
Sorry Cub fans, (for which I'm one) they just don't have the stones to win the games
they can.

I think second is even a stretch at this point...you gotta figure the Brewers and probably the Cardinals will each get one significant pickup for the playoff run......could be Holliday for the Cardinals and Halladay for the Brewers...

TK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts