Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Heyman says brewers a serious Halladay suitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
11:08am: Jon Heyman of SI.com says the Brewers appear to be a threat to acquire Halladay. He's hearing Manny Parra's name and suspects Mat Gamel or Alcides Escobar would have to be involved, too.

yay twitter

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Worked well for them last year with Sabathia.

Halladay would eat up the N.L. Central.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
cgilmo said:
11:08am: Jon Heyman of SI.com says the Brewers appear to be a threat to acquire Halladay. He's hearing Manny Parra's name and suspects Mat Gamel or Alcides Escobar would have to be involved, too.

yay twitter

He said this yesterday on the WFAN at 5pm.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
masonphillip said:

:lol: and where is he now?!??!?!?!
The Brewers need to stop doing this unless they are serious about keeping anyone
even there prospects as well.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
cgilmo said:

yay twitter

homicide?

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
blitzerlover said:
Penno said:
For the sake of the Braves, I would rather him go to the Phillies than the Brewers honestly.

Why?

The Phillies have an 8 game lead on the Braves in the loss column. That'll be hard to make up, regardless of how well the Braves have played against the Phillies. My hope is the Phils continue to play well against everyone except the Braves. The Phils right now are helping the Braves in the wild card against teams like the Cubs and could continue to do so.

The Brewers on the other hand are tied with us in the wild card race. It's a pick your poison type situation and it doesn't really favor much toward next year, but it'll be much easier to for the Braves to win the wild card.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
You have to wonder if he would approve a trade there. He probably would, but there is a chance he doesn't like there chances.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
masonphillip said:

The Brewers need to stop doing this unless they are serious about keeping anyone

They did make the playoffs though, which I think was the goal all along.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
I highly doubt he'd accept going to the Brewers...I just dont see him wanting to go there.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Bosox3 said:
I highly doubt he'd accept going to the Brewers...I just dont see him wanting to go there.

I'm not so sure. Halladay's an intensely private guy and is attracted to a quiet environment. While I have no doubt he'd handle the pressures of Philly or NY just fine, he has always said he prefers living a low-key life. Couple that with Milwaukee having a decent chance to win and I think he'd be fine with it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
masonphillip said:
Pine Tar said:
masonphillip said:

That is true but I think they are good team without throwing around palyers for
just one season though.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="Pine Tar":haadb788]
masonphillip said:

just one season though.[/quote:haadb788]

I agree but I also believe, they would not have made the playoffs last year without CC

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
Pine Tar said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="Pine Tar":6uwjg5s4]
masonphillip said:

just one season though.

I agree but I also believe, they would not have made the playoffs last year without CC[/quote:6uwjg5s4]

Yeah but what good is losing two youngsters who may be great players for a guy for half a season all to start again next season without the two prospects and without the player acquired mid season?Seems like a lose lose deal to me.Maybe if the brewers actually held on to one of these types of pitchers...they may actually get somewhere.Imagine if C.C. had been there for the whole season or even if had been there for this whole season.That is that many more games they can win and all of a sudden they are a big time contender.Then more players want to go to Milwaukee and things like trading a few prospects for a guy don't hurt so bad because you are keeping key pieces from your acquisitions instead of disposing of them after half a season.

Members online

Latest posts