Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brandon Allen has been hot since the trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
cstmleather said:
I thought the trade would drop his card values.

New high for his SP auto.

It's odd that the bidder history is set to private :| (possibly the reason why this is a new "high" for his SP auto)..... :D

The seller is one of the ones that sells fake patches and buyback autos. Sometimes I'll see a fake patch sold by one seller reappear a month later being sold by another fake patch seller, and I don't think it's because they purchased it.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
SouthSideSluggers said:
once again a terrible trade for the Sox :cry: ...he is a good player that was drafted as an athlete and now is putting it all together...should be starting for the D-Backs in 2010...

Dude wasn't seeing Chicago line-up anytime soon
If Sox wanted to make push for division title, they needed to get experienced arm in pen
They were using Dotel and Linebrink SOOOOO much

The trade made sense for Sox
They don't even have room for B Anderson (and his glove)on the big league club
B. Allen was behind too many others

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
kentuckyderby said:
SouthSideSluggers said:
once again a terrible trade for the Sox :cry: ...he is a good player that was drafted as an athlete and now is putting it all together...should be starting for the D-Backs in 2010...

Dude wasn't seeing Chicago line-up anytime soon
If Sox wanted to make push for division title, they needed to get experienced arm in pen
They were using Dotel and Linebrink SOOOOO much

The trade made sense for Sox
They don't even have room for B Anderson (and his glove)on the big league club
B. Allen was behind too many others

You really don't think that Brandon was being groomed for the 1B job in the next 2 yrs?? Thome and Konerko are not getting younger and I know we needed another bullpen arm (Torres,Link???) instead of trying to have Coop reclaim the arm of Pena(which could only have an impact if he could miss a few bats and find his soild form of 2 years ago). I know that Ozzie doesn't think he can count on Poreda in the pen which just says they have not done a good job handeling him...but the price was a little too high for an average mid-reliver...and I still cringe every time Liney gets into a game...there is something about him that scares me this year

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Waiting for a prospect for 2-3 years down the road when you need extra arms NOW?
I think the fact that Sox not 100% pleased with the way Poreda and/or Linebrink throwing is the main reason they went to get Pena

Plus, if Thornton gets more save opps in next few weeks, that opens up another spot in 8th inning

2-3 years down the road, HOPEFULLY Viciedo = the guy at 1B and J Mitchell is the guy in RF/CF (Dye gone by then if not sooner)

To get a major-league caliber arm usually costs something
Sox maybe saw Allen blocked the same way Phils saw Cardenas blocked by Utley in Blanton deal

Members online

No members online now.