Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Todd Helton hits his 500th double

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
angelsrockies4ever said:
Was just about to post this. He crushed that ball!

I have the radio on, and they can't figure out why Smith was sent home. Did they call interference or what?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Stan Musial, Rogers Hornsby, Lou Gehrig, Edgar Martinez, Manny Ramirez, and Todd Helton are the only players in history to have a batting average of .300 or more, on-base percentage of .400 or more, a slugging percentage of .500 or more, 2000 hits, 300 home runs, 500 doubles, and 1000 walks.

Granted for Manny and Helton, they could fall out of this category.

Frank Thomas falls short by 5 doubles.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I just sent him a bazooka rookie and asked him to inscribe it 500 doubles.
----------------------------------------------
Player Fan Mail for Charity Programs

Colorado Rockies Todd Helton, has a program in place where he will sign an autograph in exchange for a $25 donation (per autograph) to his charity. Todd Helton asks that your donation go to the Colorado Rockies Foundation. If you are interested in an autograph, please send your item to their attention and include return postage, and a check or money order, to the following address:

Colorado Rockies
Attn: Todd Helton
2001 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80205

Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for a response. The players and the Colorado Rockies are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
Here's hoping for the HOF! ...

first ballot lock
Definitely would not say that. . .

I would! We're not allowed to bet on fcbs, but if we could, I would....there is absolutely no question in my mind.
Also considering his HOF monitor is at 158, and there is not ONE player that has a higher HOF monitor that is not accused of steroids that is NOT in the HOF besides Pete Rose.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

first ballot lock

I would! We're not allowed to bet on fcbs, but if we could, I would....there is absolutely no question in my mind.
Also considering his HOF monitor is at 158, and there is not ONE player that has a higher HOF monitor that is not accused of steroids that is NOT in the HOF besides Pete Rose.
I love Todd Helton, don't get me wrong. However, does that mean your saying all of these players took steroids:
Derek Jeter
Ken Griffey Jr.
Ivan Rodriguez
Albert Pujols
Ichiro
Vlad
Craig Biggio
Chipper Jones

You can't say none of those players took steroids. . .

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

first ballot lock

I love Todd Helton, don't get me wrong. However, does that mean your saying all of these players took steroids:
Derek Jeter
Ken Griffey Jr.
Ivan Rodriguez
Albert Pujols
Ichiro
Vlad
Craig Biggio
Chipper Jones

ALL ELGIBLE...Who on that list is elgible? You must be retired for 5 years..hello..all of those players are also 1st ballot except for ivan who also is accused of steroids.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":29z0tdm1]Here's hoping for the HOF! ...

first ballot lock

Derek Jeter
Ken Griffey Jr.
Ivan Rodriguez
Albert Pujols
Ichiro
Vlad
Craig Biggio
Chipper Jones

ALL ELGIBLE...Who on that list is elgible? You must be retired for 5 years..hello..all of those players are also 1st ballot except for ivan who also is accused of steroids.[/quote:29z0tdm1]
I'm not quite understanding you completely... What do you mean? I don't see how Todd is different than Derek Jeter or Griffey. Pleas explain, maybe I'm missing something.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats Mr. Helton! One of only 3 players (w/ Gehrig and Klein) to have multiple seasons with 100+ extra base hits (a feat that's quite rare).

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
hofautos said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
[quote="hofautos":323t62yv][quote="Mighty Bombjack":323t62yv]Here's hoping for the HOF! ...

first ballot lock

Derek Jeter
Ken Griffey Jr.
Ivan Rodriguez
Albert Pujols
Ichiro
Vlad
Craig Biggio
Chipper Jones

ALL ELGIBLE...Who on that list is elgible? You must be retired for 5 years..hello..all of those players are also 1st ballot except for ivan who also is accused of steroids.[/quote:323t62yv]
I'm not quite understanding you completely... What do you mean? I don't see how Todd is different than Derek Jeter or Griffey. Pleas explain, maybe I'm missing something.[/quote:323t62yv]

I believe he is comparing Helton to players currently in the HOF. Not to active players.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I am saying that there is not ONE player with a higher HOF MONITOR (baseballreference.com) that is elgible, that is not accused of steroids, that is NOT in the HOF.

Todd is sitting at a HOF monitor of 158 and he is not even done playing yet.

There is not one player who has a higher HOF Monitor score than 158 that is ELGIBLE that is not in the HOF besides Pete Rose. And there are many below 158 that are in as well.

EVERYONE WITH A HOF MONITOR OF 158 or higher is in if they are elgible and not accused of steroids.
Obviously active players or players that retired less than 5 years are not in.

Todd Helton will be a first ballot HOF'er...mark my words.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts