Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Julio Lugo to the Cards for Chris Duncan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
LOL.

Holy crap.

That really, really sucks.

Duncan is one of my favorite players. Too bad everyone else hates him.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Skorris CCBC said:
LOL.

Holy crap.

That really, really sucks.

Duncan is one of my favorite players. Too bad everyone else hates him.

on the other hand I hate Duncan almost as much as I love Pujols. I don't know what Mozielak did to get rid of Duncan for a player with a pulse not to mention the fact that Boston will pay Lugos deal. Unreal. Hope Shelley and Chris have fun in AAA in their own New York/Boston rivalry.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Yea, it's nice to see Lugo's entire contract being paid.

I just always liked Duncan. I had some awesome cards of him too, lol.

I wonder how Dave is feeling right about now.

No more Dunkiel in left. :[

I always wondered how the outfield glut would play out, this helps that somewhat. Still have Daryl Jones + Jon Jay knocking on the door.

Ankiel's job all the time now? Stavy/Ank platoon? Lugo/Ryan platoon at short? One at 2nd, and Skip in left?

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Duncan is an absolutely terrible player. A corner outfielder that can't run, throw or field has to slug higher than .358. This is an old-fashioned case of family politics getting in the way of making a baseball team competitive.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:

I always wondered how the outfield glut would play out, this helps that somewhat. Still have Daryl Jones + Jon Jay knocking on the door.

Ankiel's job all the time now? Stavy/Ank platoon? Lugo/Ryan platoon at short? One at 2nd, and Skip in left?
You will hate Lugo haha, he's a horrendous fielder.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
TelePlayer22 said:
Duncan is an absolutely terrible player. A corner outfielder that can't run, throw or field has to slug higher than .358. This is an old-fashioned case of family politics getting in the way of making a baseball team competitive.

Duncan is actually a 1B who played LF to get ABs

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
TelePlayer22 said:

Duncan is actually a 1B who played LF to get ABs

Yeah.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
So excited to get that sloth out of our outfield. He never belonged out there, he's a 1b or a dh; nothing more. Glad to see a set outfield of Ankiel, Rasmus, and Ludwick. Our hodgepodge mess is starting to look more like a team.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Skorris CCBC said:

Ankiel's job all the time now? Stavy/Ank platoon? Lugo/Ryan platoon at short? One at 2nd, and S
kip in left?

You will hate Duncan haha, he's a horrendous fielder.

;)

Frow

A poor defensive outfielder that has pop in his bat only when batting in front of one of the most feared hitters in baseball history VS the worst fielding short stop in baseball that is a free swinger.

I think that's the definition of a wash.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Frow said:
A poor defensive outfielder that has pop in his bat only when batting in front of one of the most feared hitters in baseball history VS the worst fielding short stop in baseball that is a free swinger.

Duncan = no pop even in the 2 hole.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":2sv7o442]Yea, it's nice to see Lugo's entire contract being paid.

Ankiel's job all the time now? Stavy/Ank platoon? Lugo/Ryan platoon at short? One at 2nd, and S
kip in left?

You will hate Duncan haha, he's a horrendous fielder.

;)[/quote:2sv7o442]
I highly doubt he is worse than Lugo!

Anyways I can't see him getting much PT as it is, but I don't mind Duncan. And I know you like him Mack....gonna start collecting Red Sox now?? ;)

Frow

Skorris CCBC said:
Frow said:

Duncan = no pop even in the 2 hole.

He has the potential to as he did hit 20 a couple times.....nothing going for his offense.

Members online

Latest posts