Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Im really looking for some good advice here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
I have a son who is 9 years old - I am looking for something that I can get him for his birthday or special occasion related to collecting. I would love for this to be an investment type item - something that when he is ready to sell (20-25 years) it will return a nice amount. Im thinking vintage autos or nice graded stuff - - any ideas--thanks. Looking to spend between 200.00 and 300.00 for each item.

p.s - he is a huge Red Sox fan.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
go back and buy Topps Factory sets from his birth year til now, then start buying one every year.

Its a nice present and most of the time the factory sets go up.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Get him a box of bowman chrome from '01 to '09 for every year since he's been born. That's one for every year he's been around.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Lifelongfan said:
I have a son who is 9 years old - I am looking for something that I can get him for his birthday or special occasion related to collecting. I would love for this to be an investment type item - something that when he is ready to sell (20-25 years) it will return a nice amount. Im thinking vintage autos or nice graded stuff - - any ideas--thanks. Looking to spend between 200.00 and 300.00 for each item.

p.s - he is a huge Red Sox fan.
Can't go wrong with a low grade Ted Williams RC [39 Play Ball]

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
psa graded vintage all the way man

plus the kid can look at the slabs and see the cards instead of a factory sealed set or wax box

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Any auto Albert Pujols RC will be good investment. By the time your kid get to teenager, Albert will be chasing or passing the HR record. That will be perfect time to sell too.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Albert probably won't be chasing the home run record

but he will probably go down as a legendary player

I think the spx which can be had at at psa9 for about $500 is one of the most overlooked cards around.

Members online

Latest posts