Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chacin pulled from start---- rumor of deal for C Lee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kentuckyderby said:
Rotoworld first speculated reason for pull = potential deal for Cliff Lee

As it turns out, Chacin coming to Colorado for bullpen help

::facepalm:: Damnnation.....why does this always seem to happen to the better Milb pitchers? Feliz, now him.

Jon is gonna throw a fit when he reads this. Assuming it means they're grooming him for the pen, of course.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Think now that they smell wild card chance, they want to bring up best talent even if that means using some as bullpen

I can see an Eric Young Hr call up in next 3-4 weeks to add another set of legs for particular situations

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
They are saying he is being called up to be in the bullpen- that is what Sandbox.com and Ken Rosenthal are saying... just passing it along

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jaypers said:
kentuckyderby said:

::facepalm:: Damnnation.....why does this always seem to happen to the better Milb pitchers? Feliz, now him.

Jon is gonna throw a fit when he reads this. Assuming it means they're grooming him for the pen, of course.

Neither Feliz or Chacin is being groomed for the pen long term. John Daniels said last night that Feliz is looked at as being a starter, but they wanted him to get used to the bullpen so they can use him in that role this year. It wouldn't make sense for Colorado to move Chacin to the pen long term.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Brett Keith said:
Jaypers said:
kentuckyderby said:

Neither Feliz or Chacin is being groomed for the pen long term. John Daniels said last night that Feliz is looked at as being a starter, but they wanted him to get used to the bullpen so they can use him in that role this year. It wouldn't make sense for Colorado to move Chacin to the pen long term.

It will be nice to see Chacin up and pitching with the big club; this will be the ultimate litmus as to whether his change-up can neutralize the Coors Field affect. As JP said, if they intend to keep him in the bullpen I will be fairly pissed (same with Feliz), but hopefully they wont!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
soccerman034 said:
Brett Keith said:
Jaypers said:
kentuckyderby said:

It will be nice to see Chacin up and pitching with the big club; this will be the ultimate litmus as to whether his change-up can neutralize the Coors Field affect. As JP said, if they intend to keep him in the bullpen I will be fairly pissed (same with Feliz), but hopefully they wont!

Well, I wouldn't worry, especially about Chacin. His stuff really doesn't profile as closer stuff, and for Colorado to consider turning him into a middle reliever is absolutely insane at this point. As for Feliz, as I said, the Rangers GM said last night that he's a starter, they just want him to help them win this year. Besides, neither team has a talented enough rotation, or track record of producing pitching, to not give their top prospects a shot at starting in the big leagues. It's also very hard to convince quality pitchers to come to Colorado or Texas, so they have to grow their own.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
kentuckyderby said:
Think now that they smell wild card chance, they want to bring up best talent even if that means using some as bullpen

I can see an Eric Young Hr call up in next 3-4 weeks to add another set of legs for particular situations

EY Jr needs to be traded so he can be up in the Bigs now! :)

Unfortunate for him that he's stuck behind an average player in Barmes and even worse Quintanilla.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
kentuckyderby said:

Why would it mean that? This practice is decades old. Rule 1.2 from the Earl Weaver School of Baseball (behind only playing for the 3-run HR).

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
cowboysrule48 said:
Bornagaincollector said:
What does the Rockies have to give up for Lee,I heard yesterday that the Rays have some interest in Lee.

I heard a rumor of Wade Davis for Lee. I would be pissed if that happened.

It would be more than Wade Davis, probably him and something like Brignac. I'd do it. Lee, Shields, Garza, Price, Niemann/Kazmir for the rest of this year and next? Plus, with the Rays depth of talented pitchers in the minors, they could absorb the blow pretty easily. With the division the Rays play in and their payroll, they can't afford to keep being cautious when they have a shot at getting to and winning the World Series.