Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Perfect game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
Anyone else as annoyed with the term "perfect game" as I am?

Buerhle threw a great game. But it was a perfect game. A perfect game is 27Ks on 81 pitches with no opposing batter ever reaching base. Anything less is not perfect.

Edited to perfect the definition of a true perfect game.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
plainwhitejerseys said:

Buerhle threw a great game. But it was a perfect game. A perfect game is 27Ks on 81 pitches. Anything less is not perfect.

::facepalm::
27 outs on 27 pitches would be perfect.

EDIT: phillyfan0417 beat me to it.

A_Pharis

phillyfan0417 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Buerhle threw a great game. But it was a perfect game. A perfect game is 27Ks on 81 pitches. Anything less is not perfect.

Actually, wouldnt 27 outs on 27 pitches be perfect?

Actually, wouldn't free beer being passed out by Swedish supermodels be perfect?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
A_Pharis said:
phillyfan0417 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Actually, wouldn't free beer being passed out by Swedish supermodels be perfect?

What about the free food?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
plainwhitejerseys said:

Wouldn't that be an immaculate game? lol. That is pretty darn impossible to get. Leatherman - have there ever been any "perfect" games such as that?

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
so getting 27 outs on 27 ground outs to the catcher or pitcher is not perfect?

What about a stolen base? The base actually wasn't stolen? It is still there after the runner moves on.

What about a pinch hit? There wasn't any pinching really taking place (well, unless of couse Joe Namath standing near Suzie Kulber)

A_Pharis

Pinbreaker said:
A_Pharis said:
phillyfan0417 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

What about the free food?

Beer isn't food, too?

*drops to knees*
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
Perfect game is where no one gets on base..

No hits, no walks, no hit batters, no errors..
Yep.

An out is an out is an out....I don't see why it should have to be all strikeouts.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
lisu said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Wouldn't that be an immaculate game? lol. That is pretty darn impossible to get. Leatherman - have there ever been any "perfect" games such as that?
No.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
Pinbreaker said:

You completely missed the point.

I understand that THEY CALL that a perfect game. But it's not perfect. He threw some balls. Some hitters made contact.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Nope. 27 outs on 27 pitches would mean that 27 batters made contact and your team's defense was perfect. It says nothing about your game as a pitcher.

A_Pharis

plainwhitejerseys said:
Pinbreaker said:

You completely missed the point.

I understand that THEY CALL that a perfect game. But it's not perfect. He threw some balls. Some hitters made contact.

You see -- we know what you were getting at. Meanwhile, I'm still pissed that the blackboards in high school were actually a dark green color.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
plainwhitejerseys said:
phillyfan0417 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Nope. 27 outs on 27 pitches would mean that 27 batters made contact and your team's defense was perfect. It says nothing about your game as a pitcher.

Dumb

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
lisu said:
plainwhitejerseys said:

Considering the most K's in a game was 20, you be the judge.

Members online

Latest posts