Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jon Garland wants out of Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
This team reminds me of the 1988 Orioles. Everybody wanted out of that clubhouse.

Garland:

"When I came sat down and went over the three runs they had scored I give them maybe one. We [not me] gave them the other two, flat out. To me, we're [the other guys on this team] going out there and playing like a last-place team. I don't see any fight in them. I don't see anyone that wants it."

If I was Garland, I would start playing better before I say something like this.

This comment is rumored to be directed at Upton for his poor play.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
19braves77 said:
This team reminds me of the 1988 Orioles. Everybody wanted out of that clubhouse.

Garland:

"When I came sat down and went over the three runs they had scored I give them maybe one. We [not me] gave them the other two, flat out. To me, we're [the other guys on this team] going out there and playing like a last-place team. I don't see any fight in them. I don't see anyone that wants it."

If I was Garland, I would start playing better before I say something like this.

First of all Garland is in no place to say something like this, the guy is an average pitcher. Why do players do this just shut up and play things happen bad nights occur (unfortunately for the d-backs happen on several ocassions) But the last thing is dont "direct" comments towards a future star (upton) Who basically is the team long with reynolds. So Garland shut your ass and play

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
19braves77 said:

Garland:

It is directed to Upton, but Garland and as anyone else for that matter does not need to throw any of there
team mates under a bus. I say Jon who the hell would want you, since your not playing well right now. Maybe KC
would give up no one for you, or even the Nat's.

On a side note Brain Anderson asked the Whitesox to trade him, If I was kenny I would just release him
since he was not the answer to center field, because they went out and got Scoot Pod's since he was not getting it done.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I saw a game a couple of weeks ago against the Marlins when they put up a 10 spot in the 7th inning and I think its all gone downhill since then, or about a week after Hinch took over.

The DBacks pitching was poor, the defense was poor, and not fundamental, and with the crowd included, it looked as though NO ONE wanted to be there.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Basically , this team is a bunch of talented young players that don't gel well together.

Every year that you hold off from a complete rebuild you make it that much harder when you do

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Whoever wants him can take him.

I'm not sure what his problem is. Sorry you lost, but people like Haren lose more often than you when they shouldn't, and Haren is a better pitcher than Garland ever was or will be.

Since Mark Reynolds made his little speech in Colorado before the All-Star break, the team has greatly improved its attitutde and accordingly, they are 10-6. Sorry they screwed up your game Jon, but the team is still playing better overall.

Get out of town.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Mets trade Livan Hernandez for Jon Garland.

What??? That makes sense. It makes JUST as much sense as the Francoeur/Church trade!

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
::facepalm:: The guy had 1 1/2 good years in the bigs. The second 18 win season he had a 4.5 ERA and he also has a 4.41 career ERA. The best thing he brings to a team is that he can eat-up innings. C'mon Jon, if you were that damn good you would have a better situation, deal with the one you have and be lucky you are even in the majors.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I've wanted him on the Cardinals for a few years now. He'd be so much better than Welle.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
I agree that he shouldnt speak about anyones play, but to call him average is a little bit of a reach IMO.

Just looking at his stats.
2 x 18 win seasons.
7 straight double digit win seasons.

When your starter can consistantly go 6 innings giving up 3 runs, which equates to a 4.50 ERA over 9 innings, thats a pretty damn good pitcher nowadays if you ask me.

Wes

OG
Administrator
JzWand said:
I agree that he shouldnt speak about anyones play, but to call him average is a little bit of a reach IMO.

Just looking at his stats.
2 x 18 win seasons.
7 straight double digit win seasons.

When your starter can consistantly go 6 innings giving up 3 runs, which equates to a 4.50 ERA over 9 innings, thats a pretty damn good pitcher nowadays if you ask me.

The numbers say he is pretty average. ERA+ of 104.

Members online

Latest posts