Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jesus Montero, Jaypers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
In Jaypers sig, Just curious, is Jesus Montero Jewish, Messianic, or is the sign just about fans of his or?

untitled-1-1.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hofautos said:
In Jaypers sig, Just curious, is Jesus Montero Jewish, Messianic, or is the sign just about fans of his or?

Don't ask me, I just found the pic. No idea what religion he is.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
A side note...

There is an actual group of Jewish folks who believe Jesus is the Messiah but still hold to their Jewish heritage (customs etc). They have an organization called "Jews for Jesus".

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If I'm offending you guys with it, let me know and I'll take it down. I thought it was humorous.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
theplasticman said:
A side note...

There is an actual group of Jewish folks who believe Jesus is the Messiah but still hold to their Jewish heritage (customs etc). They have an organization called "Jews for Jesus".

Really?

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Its a play on an actual group of people. If anyone is offended by folks who are more than likely Jewish indicating their support for Jesus Montero it may be the fact you have way too much time on your hands or you could be too delicate for this world...

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
rico08 said:
Wouldn't a PM have sufficed?

Gentiles don't think it's funny.

Seriously? Wow.

Jesus was Jewish. Not sure I follow how facts about the man offend Gentiles.

I am Jewish, not a member of "Jews for Jesus", but I find the sign pretty catchy.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
theplasticman said:
A side note...

Correct, that is what I was inferring.
Messianic Judaism is a "Christian Faith" that has a relatively large movement that has been going on for many years (which I consider myself to have some ties with), where both Jews and Gentiles celebrate Jewish heritage (song, heritage, holidays, dance, worship, food, etc..) but share in the belief that Jesus (Yeshua) is the messiah.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
NECpilgrims8 said:
rico08 said:

Seriously? Wow.

I am Jewish, not a member of "Jews for Jesus", but I find the sign pretty catchy.

You are a very, very serious person. I've noticed that.

I'm a gentile and don't think it's a funny sign. I didn't say I was offended by it, I just don't see the humor.

Now, a sign that said "Don't F with the Jesus" would be funny.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
rico08 said:

Obviously not, because he didn't know the answer.
I am a gentile, and my wife is Jewish (by heritage, not by faith), and neither of us found it offensive...it actually intrigued me, and I would contemplate collecting him on the mere thought if he is Messianic, which is why I asked.

Still curious, Does anyone know his religion, or if the sign has any meaning other than to the fans?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
hofautos said:
rico08 said:

Obviously not, because he didn't know the answer.
I am a gentile, and my wife is Jewish (by heritage, not by faith), and neither of us found it offensive...it actually intrigued me, and I would contemplate collecting him on the mere thought if he is Messianic, which is why I asked.

Still curious, Does anyone know his religion, or if the sign has any meaning other than to the fans?

A bunch of Jews were in the stands, made the sign, and gave it to him. Someone took a picture. BFD.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
rico08 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
rico08 said:

Seriously? Wow.

You are a very, very serious person. I've noticed that.

I'm a gentile and don't think it's a funny sign. I didn't say I was offended by it, I just don't see the humor.

Now, a sign that said "Don't F with the Jesus" would be funny.

OK, do you find this funny, or offensive? It's pretty much the same in my eyes.

168222105cDDREX_ph.jpg

Members online

Latest posts