Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good card shops/shows in Chicago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ubersweet987

Jul 17, 2009
I am moving to Chicago for college and was wondering if there are any good card shops to check out. I'd prefer something on the south side because I'll be in Hyde Park.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Feel free to walk the far south side streets at night looking for one
just kidding

U of Chicago I assume?

Not sure about the shops since many here in SW burbs closed down

There is a monthly show in orland park that is OK at best
might want to check orland park website for details
(orland civic center?)

ubersweet987

Jul 17, 2009
kentuckyderby said:
Feel free to walk the far south side streets at night looking for one
just kidding

U of Chicago I assume?

Not sure about the shops since many here in SW burbs closed down

There is a monthly show in orland park that is OK at best
might want to check orland park website for details
(orland civic center?)

Lol...yeah the University of Chicago...and I don't have a death wish, so I'll try not to wander off the campus at night. I'll look into that stuff.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
I grew up on the southside & there aren't any shops that I'm aware of. The Grandstand is near The Cell & sells jerseys and such. Otherwise, you're going to have to head out to the burbs to find anything, Naperville in particular has a few.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
The shops and smaller shows are so spread out that it's not really worth it to me to drive and waste my time to see a small amount of cards. I go to a place called Heroes Sports Cards in North Riverside, but only once a year. The bad thing about shops is that turnover isn't that high, which is why I prefer large shows. Keep your eye on shows like Chicago Sportsfest, which is in Rosemont 2-3 times a year and is worth going to just for the massive amount of memorabilia and cards that you can see there.

Members online