Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Refractor opinions

Which Joe Smoe do you want - PICK 2?

• 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto #/100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor BLUE Auto #/100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I asked about the Hanley, and it seemed an overwhelming percentage of people liked the xfractors best.
I know they didn't have blue, green, gold refractors for that issue, but if they did....

For the purpose of this poll, I want to throw out any rarity and value bias...

IF 2010 JOE SMOE had the following refractors and all were numbered to 100 and all were valued at $100 each,
Which would you prefer?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Black ref. and Gold ref. The only other idea that I think would be interesting would be refractor colors based on the player's team colors.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I like Xfractors, but nothing beats Blue Refractors. Blue's are generally some of the most beautiful cards. Like this one:

Blue-Kershaw.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
brouthercard said:
I don't like change, I prefer they keep everything the same and consistent.

I don't think the point of this thread was to get Topps to number every card to 100. Read the thread before you post. He wants to know what color you like best.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
vwnut13 said:
brouthercard said:
I don't like change, I prefer they keep everything the same and consistent.

I don't think the point of this thread was to get Topps to number every card to 100. Read the thread before you post. He wants to know what color you like best.

My bad, I like red or blue, but perhaps he could have just asked what color/design refractor we liked the most.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Jaypers said:
Unique.jpg

:lol:

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
chashawk said:
Jaypers said:
Unique.jpg

:lol:

Funny, that is exactly why i added the option "pick your own color" (i thought of purple at that moment)...i always liked the crusades purple over the red and green.

I was PO'd when i was outbid on this sweet card...i thought i bid crazy high for thome at $67.
!BV7vhr!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLluysEBKU+P!H-Ng~~_12.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
It seems interesting that when just refractor and xfractor offered for hanley, most overwhelming xfractor won, but if you throw just a little color into the option, no one hardly stuck with xfractors. I personally don't care much for xfractors, where I would prefer even regular refractors over them, even though they are less rare and less valuable, just because the xfractors seem to obscure the picture. It seems odd how quick people will switch from an xfractor to just a different color border? I am not sure people completely eliminated from their mind the concept of rarity or value. Subconciously people must associate colored = money...although no one picked orange over xfractor or even plain silver, and it seem near a dead tie between red/blue/gold/green...so perhaps all bias was removed.

I wonder if people that don't collect cards or never associated colors with value would post similar desires to the results of this small poll.

Very interesting results.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
It really depends on what style they used for the X-Fractor. I really liked the 08's(?) where it wasn't so overwhelming. If they did them like these, then they would be my pick.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think a lot of people give X-Fractors due credit.If these things hit the light just right they pop pretty hard.That said...I chose the X's and the Green.

Members online