Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any ESPN Insiders here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
If there are can somebody please post the new Rumor on Scott Kazmir from today. Thanks

Josh

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
ESPN Insider said:
Scott Kazmir told the St. Petersburg Times he wants to staywith the Rays.

The lefthander's response came after ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reported Friday that the Rays have been doing extensive scouting on the farm system of the Angels, and that the Angels have some interest in Kazmir.

"I thought when I signed, it was kind of a bargain deal (for the team)," Kazmir said. "And I'd be good to go, and I'd be here for a long time, at least until my contract ends. But who knows? That's baseball."

The St. Petersburg Times said the Rays are maxed out at their payroll of $63 million for this season and have built-in increases slated for several player next season, including Kazmir.

Buster says it's unclear whether this deal would be a precursor to another trade, or perhaps could be part of a three-way deal. The Rays have remained in contact with the Jays about Roy Halladay and the Indians about Cliff Lee, the two best pitchers on the market.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts