Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
You made the card or had somebody else make it. You went to a game and saw Adriano there so you asked him to sign the card. You told him you custom made it. He signed it and asked for a copy?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
MattinglyAlexander said:
blitzerlover said:
Card was made, then signed.
Much more to the story.
Actually that guy used the name of his nephew as well as his age
Birth records show that Rosario's real name is Ramon Antonio Pena Paulino, and that he was born Jan. 9, 1982 -- making him 22 years old, not 19,

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
You made a custom hoping to have the player sign it. You met another player and that is all you had to sign. You had him sign it. Either that, or the guy couldnt spell.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
I'll take another shot at it.

You got the card hoping you could get Adriano Rosario to sign it. You never got the opportunity to get it signed by him so YOU signed it yourself with your signature

metsfan

Jul 21, 2009
A scout for the Arizona Diamondbacks was aware that a well-regarded prospect from the Dominican Republic had used a phony name and age when he signed with the club two years ago, said a former agent for the pitcher currently known as Adriano Rosario.

Rob Plummer, who represented Rosario for a year until late 2001, told ESPN.com that Diamondbacks scout Rafael Mena tried to profit from the deception. The agent said he was in a meeting with Rosario and Mena in the player's hometown of San Francisco de Macoris when Mena threatened to reveal Rosario's real name unless he got a cut from any eventual signing bonus the player might receive.

metsfan

Jul 21, 2009
he had a fake name,,,age, diamnd backs could have had starting pitcher,,, everthing else i said before, so do i get it

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
A scout for the Arizona Diamondbacks was aware that a well-regarded prospect from the Dominican Republic had used a phony name and age when he signed with the club two years ago, said a former agent for the pitcher currently known as Adriano Rosario.

Rob Plummer, who represented Rosario for a year until late 2001, told ESPN.com that Diamondbacks scout Rafael Mena tried to profit from the deception. The agent said he was in a meeting with Rosario and Mena in the player's hometown of San Francisco de Macoris when Mena threatened to reveal Rosario's real name unless he got a cut from any eventual signing bonus the player might receive.

He is Tony Pena who currently pitches for the Chicago White Sox.

Pine Tar and metsfan are winners.....

I may have to find a replacement for Pine Tar...since metsfan had it right first.....

but dang, you folks don't know how to tell a story. :lol:

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
MattinglyAlexander said:

He is Tony Pena who currently pitches for the Chicago White Sox.

Pine Tar and metsfan are winners.....

I may have to find a replacement for Pine Tar...since metsfan had it right first.....

but dang, you folks don't know how to tell a story. :lol:
Yea if they looked at your ebay they could have easily figured it out.

I like the Coughlin you have up. May have to place a bid.

Members online

Latest posts