Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mariners & Rays & Indians working on trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
This one has a little bit of legs:

Seattle would acquire Kazmir from the Rays. The Rays would then receive Cliff Lee from the Indians and Cleveland would get Brandon Morrow, Reid Brignac, and Jeff Clement to Cleveland to complete the trade.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
What would Cleveland do with Jeff Clement? I could only see this move if they plan on dealing Vmart since they have Shoppach and C. Santana.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
Jays_Cards said:
What would Cleveland do with Jeff Clement? I could only see this move if they plan on dealing Vmart since they have Shoppach and C. Santana.

I guess it could make sense if Shoppach is not re-signed after the season. His contract is up and he's arbitration eligible in a market where the economy is really hurting. This would give them Clement as a 2nd option at catcher in 2010 until Santana's ready in 2011. Regardless, I'm not gonna like this deal should it happen.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Pretty sure the Indians want more pitching in return than that. The Rays are apparently trying to get Texas involved as the 3rd team, where they would get Kazmir, the Rays would get Lee, and the Indians would get Wade Davis and one or more of the Rangers young pitching prospects not named Holland and Feliz.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
Brett Keith said:
Pretty sure the Indians want more pitching in return than that. The Rays are apparently trying to get Texas involved as the 3rd team, where they would get Kazmir, the Rays would get Lee, and the Indians would get Wade Davis and one or more of the Rangers young pitching prospects not named Holland and Feliz.

Now this makes more sense to me. Starting pitching has got to be their return on either Lee or Martinez. It's clearly their weakest area.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
darocker80 said:
Good for the M's imo if they can re-sign bedard and washburn

The M's don't want Bedard back, unfortunately he's injured, so his stock is mighty low right now. Washburn is at his peak value, so he'd likely get a hefty contract, so he'll hopefully get traded while his stock is high.

Members online