Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which cards should I grade, and who should I have grade them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I would like some opinions from you guys that get stuff graded all of the time. I have not got anything graded in years. I am planning on driving to Cleveland Sat and getting some stuff graded. I do not have the money to get all of this stuff graded, but I want to get at least 7 slabbed. Which 7 of these cards would you choose, and which company would you use? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Satchelrookie.jpg

CabreraAGauto06.jpg

CabreraAGauto07.jpg

AGHamilton07.jpg

AGHolliday08.jpg

AGPudge08.jpg

AGCarpenter08.jpg

AGJCEat08.jpg
AGJCJaws08.jpg
AndrettiAGauto07.jpg
BondsSPXauto.jpg
BondsautoPacific.jpg
BondsIPauto.jpg
Bondsbuybackauto001.jpg

I also have incoming TTM/IP autos on Allen Ginter cards: Jim Thome, Mariano Rivera, Joe Torre, Ian Kinsler Rookie, Prince Fielder Rookie, Trevor Hoffman.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Why PSA? Why not BGS? Which 7 cards would you get graded out of these if they were yours?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
bodiaz said:
Why PSA? Why not BGS? Which 7 cards would you get graded out of these if they were yours?

personally i would not get any of them graded if they are for PC, but if I had to pick some to grade i would say the bond's autos

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
I don't see the need to grade any of those, except maybe just the 1st one for protection. Bonds autos graded won't sell higher, TTMs graded won't sell higher, so it would be a waste of money IMO.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Johan Santana 57 said:
I don't see the need to grade any of those, except maybe just the 1st one for protection. Bonds autos graded won't sell higher, TTMs graded won't sell higher, so it would be a waste of money IMO.

my answer but more thought out and provocative, well said man well said

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
These are all PC except the Satchel. I just love the way the TTMs look when slabbed. And I also thought when I do go to move them, being certified would show they are real autos. That should help the sale.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
the page dosent look likeit would get a 7. i would use bgs jsa for the autos. pick your seven favorie cards and submit them.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
bodiaz said:
No the Paige will not get a 7. Probably a 4 or 4.5.
for the page i would use psa because you want to resell it. pick your 6 favorite autos and get them slabed bgs for the protection.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
That is what I paln on doing. I am only getting the TTMs slabbed authentic, not graded. Anyone know how much it costs for that service?

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Johan Santana 57 said:
bodiaz said:
That is what I paln on doing. I am only getting the TTMs slabbed authentic, not graded. Anyone know how much it costs for that service?

I think its the same..

Damn, if that is true than why not grade them?

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
bodiaz said:
Johan Santana 57 said:
bodiaz said:

I think its the same..

Damn, if that is true than why not grade them?
because if they grade lower than a 9 they will be woth less money than raw

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I'd get the Bonds buyback authenticated as those go for good money. I'd save money on the rest unless you simply want the holder given authentication fees would absorb most future sale value. If you insist on getting seven cards authenticated then I'd start with the Bonds cards as he is a tougher IP signer and still has considerable following.

Members online