Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Understanding Razor Exclusives vs. Futures Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Not looking for any in depth contract analysis, or any pro/con Razor bashing/support.

What I wanted to know, specifically in the case of Casey Kelly:

Now that Kelly appeared with a major league uniform, albeit just a hat, while not actually playing in the Futures Game, will Topps have the rights to produce Futures Game cards of him in 2009 Bowman Draft? Does the Topps right to produce a card after they appear in a Major League uniform only apply to players on a 25 man roster?

Thanks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
baseballguy350 said:
Not looking for any in depth contract analysis, or any pro/con Razor bashing/support.

Now that Kelly appeared with a major league uniform, albeit just a hat, while not actually playing in the Futures Game, will Topps have the rights to produce Futures Game cards of him in 2009 Bowman Draft? Does the Topps right to produce a card after they appear in a Major League uniform only apply to players on a 25 man roster?

Thanks.

No, he signed a 3-year exclusive contract with Razor last year.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Jaypers said:
baseballguy350 said:

Thanks.

I understood that, so the only way he could have an MLB licensed card now is if he is promoted to a 25 man? Thanks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
baseballguy350 said:
Jaypers said:
baseballguy350 said:

Thanks.

I understood that, so the only way he could have an MLB licensed card now is if he is promoted to a 25 man? Thanks.

Correct.

Members online

Latest posts