Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A good eBay idea for a change...Discounted fees?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
yeah but if its still tied to dsr then the discount may not be much anyways if any. I ship stuff out within 24 hours for 99% of items and i still get rated as slow shipper at times

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
"Now top-rated vendors will get a 20 percent discount on the fees they must pay eBay after selling an item, along with a virtual badge they can display on their pages to indicate their status. Products they offer will be more likely to show up in searches that buyers make on the site."

How? So if you don't qualify for this (I don't sell 3K worth), you're screwed?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
LOL my shipping cost DSR will hurt me. I provide FREE shipping, new loaders sleeves team bags and bubble mailers and yet my shipping rate DSR is lowest rating out of all the categories. Lol... i still can't get over it, Free shipping=crappy dsr.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Sweetness said:
LOL my shipping cost DSR will hurt me. I provide FREE shipping, new loaders sleeves team bags and bubble mailers and yet my shipping rate DSR is lowest rating out of all the categories. Lol... i still can't get over it, Free shipping=crappy dsr.
Maybe you should charge 1 penny for shipping...
then you wont get the free shipping icon ...but you should get better DSRs!

The way buyers look at it, they didnt pay for shipping so they leave a 3 for s/h DSR

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yeah I send out usually the same day they pay and I still see low scores on shipping
I even charge what it actually cost or even less and I get hit with low scores sometimes.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It's like that for basically every seller. I don't see why ebay doesn't recognize this, and change their mind on the rating system. When every last seller gets low shipping ratings there is something not right with the system.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
We all need to use ecrater! If more folks used it, it would be great...you can search all stores through the main page or just within individual stores.

Since eBay will not let sellers charge for insurance anymore in the fall, it's an even bigger scam because now you've got to pay eBay and pay the USPS to insure your shipment out of pocket or you'll get totally screwed.

Members online