Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Greatest Mailday EVER!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
As you can tell from my sig, I collect custom made cards.
This allows me to have say in the design of the card.
All of the below were made by Mike (200lbHockeyPlayer). Thanks a ton for all of your hard work on these!!!

First:
Stan The Man Musial
When I picked up my Musial lot from REA a year ago, I had this piece that I did not know what I would do with it.
Being that the auto was almost perfectly centered over the Cardinals logo, I knew I wanted to incorporate it into the cut I was going to have made out of it.
MusialTicketPouch.jpg

Here is what Mike came up with. AMAZING if you ask me.
MusialHOFCustom.jpg

Second:
I have a little set going of Notable Nicknames. Below are 8 HOFers and 2 unique pitchers.
My favorites are Killebrew (being a Twins fan) and Rizzuto (with the inscription).
NotableNicknames1.jpg
NotableNicknames2.jpg
NotableNicknames3.jpg

Finally:
I was trying to come up with a unique small set for Cardinals greats. One day while at work and bored towards the end of the day, I was looking at their '42, '44 and '46 teams. Then it hit me, do a World Champions set. But what year? The 1946 team stood out with the best and most easily obtainable players. I pitched the idea to Mike and below is what he came up with. Simply AMAZING once again.

1946WSCardinalsBatteryandSS.jpg1946WSCardinalsIF.jpg1946WSCardinalsOF.jpg

Comments welcomed.

Once again, thanks to 200lbHockeyPlayer!!!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm going to have to give the USPS kudos for the lightening fast delivery.

Nothing like mailing a Priority Mail package on Saturday and traveling 1200+ miles for delivery on Monday.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I'm going to have to give the USPS kudos for the lightening fast delivery.

Nothing like mailing a Priority Mail package on Saturday and traveling 1200+ miles for delivery on Monday.

Yeah, for those that bitch about the PO, I cannot go along with it. They were definetly amazenly fast on this shipment.

The 1946 World Champions together look soooooooooooooo nice. I may try and come up with a custom frame job for this one down the road. Maybe if I could find a vintage '46 pennant to build it around or something like that.

Below is the new sig for now, minus the Vander Meer and Fydrich for now, as I need to get a couple of more stands for those two.

Finally, thanks again for the wonderful work.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That is just awesome. Musial was my father's favorite player. According to him he was the greatest. Musial holds a special place in my heart.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
the one and only time i saw a chick at a card show was buyin a johnny vandermeer auto ball. i dont think she was into dudes tho =(

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
One of the few mailday threads that made me reconsider what i collect. Looks great, congrats!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Absolutely beautiful cards! If you ever complete the World Series team set, you should frame it with a World Series ticket, if you can find one.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
:eek: :shock: :eek: WOW :eek: :shock: :eek: That is an incredible set of customs man!!! I appreciate your statement about how you get a say in what the design is as well...those designs definitely beat most of the new stuff we have seen today IMO :mrgreen:

Alex

Members online

Latest posts