Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Garko to the Giants

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
Just read about it on a Sox website. Ed Price is saying that Garko has been traded to the Giants. Will post more info when I find out.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Any ideas on for who? I'd definitely have to guess young pitching, as that's what the Indians wanted for DeRosa, and the Giants have a surplus.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Indians received LHP prospect Scott Barnes and a player to be named later in the deal.

Players on the TBNL list: Rafael Rodriguez, Nick Noonan, and Wendell Fairley

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
8:31pm: Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus says the Indians received LHP prospect Scott Barnes and a player to be named later in the deal. Barnes was the Giants 8th round pick in 2008, and has a 2.85 ERA in 18 starts with High-A San Jose. Baseball America rated him the Giants' 9th best prospect coming into the season.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
Indians received LHP prospect Scott Barnes and a player to be named later in the deal.

Barnes has had a very good season. Haven't heard a word about him though this year. Barnes has 0 cards correct?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:

It's a lock that Rodriguez will be taken. This has the potential to be a horrific trade.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Hm, I was guessing someone more ML ready.

PTBNL looks to be decent though, although, 19braves77, I think you said Daryl Jones would be going to Cleveland as a PTBNL in the DeRosa deal. ;)

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
No, I gave a list of three people and Todd was one of the players on the list.

Eh, I don't remember. Who cares anyway?

Where do you get your info from? :)

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am in the stands at the Baybears game behind the scouts section. I chart games for a company that tracks minor league stats. They basically just buy my ticket. When a trade goes though, the scouts all get a notice on their phones in a mass notice and get the tidbits. Although, they might not be at the game with the players involve, they all get it.

bmoore997

Mar 9, 2009
I played against Barnes in high school. Was hoping to see him when he got to Double A Connecticut.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
I am in the stands at the Baybears game behind the scouts section. I chart games for a company that tracks minor league stats. They basically just buy my ticket. When a trade goes though, the scouts all get a notice on their phones in a mass notice and get the tidbits. Although, they might not be at the game with the players involve, they all get it.

That's pretty sweet!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I like this trade. They got a bat and didn't have to give up a big prospect. He should do very well here.

Members online

Latest posts