Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Christian Colon = Broken Leg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
The lone downside from Canada was the injury to shortstop Christian Colon (Cal State Fullerton), who suffered a broken fibula and a broken tibia while trying to turn a double play in the eighth inning Friday. The hard slide into second base resulted in both benches clearing and Colon being carried off the field. The good news, Jones said, is that the breaks are "clean" and Colon is expected to make a full recovery. He was scheduled to have surgery today in California.

"The umpire said you can make contact at the bag, but the play had developed and was over with by the time the slide occurred," Jones said. "That’s the thing that left Christian exposed. It was just disappointing to see him go out like that."

Colon had a great summer with the bat, hitting .362 with team bests in home runs (five) and RBIs (37). Early on, Jones named Colon (a four-time veteran of USA Baseball’s programs) as the team’s captain.

"Four different times he’s worn this uniform, and he’s just such a great leader," Jones said. "I felt like we needed to have someone in that captain role, and he did a great job with it."

How hard do you need to slide to break someones leg? Wow.

A_Pharis

So a slow baserunner is beat by a ton of time with no chance to break up a double play and decides to put one to the shortstop who turned it. I hope he feels like a *******.

Reminds me of a high school QB I know that took a hit around 3 to 5 seconds AFTER the whistle in a scrimmage game. He had already started to run to the huddle when he got hit. Broke his neck but luckily didn't paralyze him. Left him with a metal rod and no more football.

Latest posts