Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help with a possible fake patch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Knowing who the seller is, I would say that one is legit.....plus if you view the larger image of it, it does not appear to be tampered with. Just at looking at the pic I would think fake right away, but that seller has a pretty good rep and opens a ton of stuff as well, which would leave me to believe it to be real.

But if you are not 100% for sure, it is always better to not buy...

TK

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
kinda wondering if it was fake, why the third swatch wasn't changed out......kinda leads me to believe that its real, but I don't think I have seen patches like that used in triple threads other than the jumbo patch booklets.

adamondo5

Feb 25, 2009
yeah, i've owned a few really nice patches of his in this set, so I know they're out there, just haven't seen one like this. Like you said though, the seller does seem to have a pretty good reputation

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
My thoughts.

1. The third wasn't "changed out" because Triple Threads has plenty of cards like that, where the first one or two are patches, so that seems fine.

2. I don't recall ever seen logo patches in this product, but I've also not busted any of it, nor do I own any, that's just from my experiences of what I've seen, so take that for what it's worth.

3. Maybe someone else can answer, but do the ones numbered that high have patches generally?? I would think the lower numbered ones would, but one numbered to /75???

I'm skeptical, so I'd stay away...but that's just me.

adamondo5

Feb 25, 2009
I had a version /99 that had 3 very very nice patches on them. Not logo patches, though

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the Red Sox even have those logo patches on their jerseys.

Either way...the chances that the patches are real are slimmer than Jerry Remy getting into the Baseball Hall of Fame as a pitcher.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
MattinglyAlexander said:
Who are the big known fake patch pukes on eBay? I've got two of my jumbo jersey Blalocks on eBay right now. I'd hate to sell it to a dbag.
peopleschoice with some numbers at the end.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I vote fake, and I usually give benefit of the doubt. #ed to 75 is usually very ordinary.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I know the seller personally and he's not one of the most savory characters out there. Dunno if he faked it himself, but probably bought it in a lot or something. Definitely fake though, come on people.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I would stay away. I've bought from this seller in the past but I've noticed recently that most of his patch cards have been getting really unique.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Other logo patch cards sold by apm-cards

You'll notice that there's a bunch of football Triple Threads cards in there, mainly of the top players.

My impression of the seller is that they're a high-volume dealer, so if they sell a fake it wasn't made by them. I won't buy a logo patch from them, but I'm comfortable buying non-patch cards from them.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
mrwhitesox30 said:

You'll notice that there's a bunch of football Triple Threads cards in there, mainly of the top players.

My impression of the seller is that they're a high-volume dealer, so if they sell a fake it wasn't made by them. I won't buy a logo patch from them, but I'm comfortable buying non-patch cards from them.
Every single one of those is waaayyy fake. The Santana Sterling was originally sold by peopleschoice7373 I believe. Why haven't the patch faker doitches figured out that filling the entire window is a dead giveaway for fakes?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
mrwhitesox30 said:

Thanks for the link. Knew that name sounded familiar.

That Prior 2005 Prime Patches on page 2 says Jersey. Thought it should say Prime.

That's alot of nice patches. apm-cards **All Professionally Made-cards or apm- a patch maker. :D

Re- the OP- If I was to fake a TT Patch, I'd only do 2/3 spaces too, less obvious.

Members online