Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bumgarner or Matusz?

Which pitching prospect would you rather have?

• Brian Matusz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Bum all the way. He's a dominant lefty (well more dominant than Matusz). What more could you ask for. Isn't Bum the #1 rated piching prospect by BA anyway.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I have not seen either pitch in person, but from what I have seen and what I have read, I like Matusz better.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Brett Keith said:
rico08 said:
In a fight?

Yes, but with their pitching arm tied behind their back.

Alright. The tale of the tape doesn't really tell much of a tale, so I'm torn. Matusz has an inch on Bumgarner but the latter looks lankier and very well might have a longer reach. Bumgarner has 15lbs on Matusz.

Then, you take account of their home cities. So naturally, I went to the local news station to decide. Hickory's WHKY had a hit and run, another car accident, and a rabies clinic headlines. Hit and run will be tough to beat. KJCT8, Grand Junction, has two top stories: Storm Knocks Out Power, Debeque Canyon Rockslide Sends Two to Hospital. Not gonna cut it. Edge: Bumgarner.

Even before considering he was ejected for throwing at a batsman's head, Bumgarner had my vote.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
rico08 said:
Brett Keith said:
rico08 said:
In a fight?

Yes, but with their pitching arm tied behind their back.

Alright. The tale of the tape doesn't really tell much of a tale, so I'm torn. Matusz has an inch on Bumgarner but the latter looks lankier and very well might have a longer reach. Bumgarner has 15lbs on Matusz.

Then, you take account of their home cities. So naturally, I went to the local news station to decide. Hickory's WHKY had a hit and run, another car accident, and a rabies clinic headlines. Hit and run will be tough to beat. KJCT8, Grand Junction, has two top stories: Storm Knocks Out Power, Debeque Canyon Rockslide Sends Two to Hospital. Not gonna cut it. Edge: Bumgarner.

Even before considering he was ejected for throwing at a batsman's head, Bumgarner had my vote.

This makes perfect sense.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Whoa Brett Keith, nice sig. I saw Sleater-Kinney's first show back in 1995, and was pen pals with a couple of girls in the early 90s when they were in a band called Heavens to Betsy. I also had (then sold) their first 7" record which I bought directly from the band in 1995 (only 500 made). Oh....on to baseball. I'm an Orioles fan, so I choose Matusz.....we need him!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Liberate Baltimore said:
Whoa Brett Keith, nice sig. I saw Sleater-Kinney's first show back in 1995, and was pen pals with a couple of girls in the early 90s when they were in a band called Heavens to Betsy. I also had (then sold) their first 7" record which I bought directly from the band in 1995 (only 500 made). Oh....on to baseball. I'm an Orioles fan, so I choose Matusz.....we need him!

You saw their first show? Badass. You were pen pals with some of the ladies from Heavens To Betsy? Also badass. I got a late start, I didn't even know they existed until 2004 or 2005, had a bit of a musical awakening after high school, what with the internet, a fresh hard drive and curiousity.

Oh, and as I said before, Matusz. :)

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I have to go with Bumgarner for now because out of the little experience that he has, he will be the better pitcher. He has been dominating with ease and his worst start of his career was where he gave up 5 ER in like 7IP lol. Matusz is good, but if Bumgarner gains more experience he will become an even bigger monster.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
jbone17 said:
I have to go with Bumgarner for now because out of the little experience that he has, he will be the better pitcher. He has been dominating with ease and his worst start of his career was where he gave up 5 ER in like 7IP lol. Matusz is good, but if Bumgarner gains more experience he will become an even bigger monster.

::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts