Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A HUGE Shoutout to the MT Crew!!! With Scans and Story...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hello Gentlemen and the few Ladies!!! To start off this is a bit of a read so thanks for sticking through it ;) . I just got back from a wonderful honeymoon with my amazing wife Jennifer from Florida...we have been away and busy for the last 11 days and are finally settling back at home. Can't say how weird it is just being away from the boards for that long let alone all the stuff I have been reading and catching up on since then. Enough about that though as this thread is for giving thanks to my friends in the MT (Morning Thread). These guys are absolutely amazing with generousity but even better with the friendly chit chat and personal "getting to know you" conversations that happen every morning. Its been amazing to get to know all you guys (you know who you are and will be named shortly ;) ) and I can't wait to continue and catch back up to speed now that I'm back :) Without further ado, thanks to: mojodan, bungle77, wideright, muskiesfan, indymann, moxacaine, gvsu96, phillyfan0417, pghbuccos, geroge_calfas, chashawk, rdg00001 and steve-a-reno!!!!

EDIT: Also forgot to mentions mainemule (Scott) for adding to the gifts as well...Thanks a ton Scott!!!

Before the wedding I had recieved a VERY AMAZING package from the MT regulars. Guys...I SOOO apologize for the late thanks thread, every second was tied up leading up to THE day and I know most of you understand ::facepalm:: :lol: Included in the package was this awesome and meaningful card...even the wife was a bit touched which is always cool.

Ascan0035.jpgAscan0036.jpg

I will let the scans take care of the rest of what was sent...

A ton of needed stuff for the HOF GU collection:
Ascan0022.jpg
Ascan0016.jpg
Ascan0021.jpg

Ascan0027.jpg
Ascan0026.jpg

Ascan0028.jpg
Ascan0025.jpg

Ascan0019.jpg
Ascan0018.jpg

Also got these 2 from Scotty (scotty21690) :shock: :cool: :
scan2.jpg
scan1.jpg

This one for the Mariners PC:
Ascan0020.jpg

And these last ones for the Felix Hernandez PC. This is now one of my new favorite patch cards in my PC and the 2 autos FINALLY puts me at my ultimate goal of aquiring 34 Felix Hernandez autos!!!

Bronze 75/150, Red 38/199 and Blue 14/15 :)
Ascan0013.jpgAscan0014.jpgAscan0015.jpg

The awesome Hernandez/Verlander/Webb patch 6/25 :mrgreen:
scan5.jpg

Auto #33 and one I've been needing especially because of the design and color:
Ascan0017.jpg

and auto #34 which completes my personal goal of 34 autos, also completes the Letterman nickname set and is also jersey numbered 34/80 :eek: :shock: :mrgreen:
Ascan0001.jpg
Ascan0037.jpg

I'm still in shock guys...thank you soooo much again!!! I am still a bit speechless so I hope my excitement still comes across OK :lol: Comments are always appreciated and thanks for reading and looking :mrgreen:

Alex

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Alex, congrats on the wedding,
We were going to send you a crock pot but figured your wife would like the cards better :lol: :lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
We were going to send you a crock pot but figured your wife would like the cards better :lol: :lol:
^This^ :lol:

Congrats to you and your new bride Alex. :grouphug: Welcome to the club! :grouphug:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
George_Calfas said:

George is being too modest. It wasn't an everyday crock pot. It was lined on the outside with modified superfractors of us MT'ers. We figured the problem was that since its used to cook things at a slow pace, that it might lead to the demise of your relationship. Some of our mugs (mine) would be much better suited for something that is used in a more timely fashion...like a pizza cutter!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
George_Calfas said:

George is being too modest. It wasn't an everyday crock pot. It was lined on the outside with modified superfractors of us MT'ers. We figured the problem was that since its used to cook things at a slow pace, that it might lead to the demise of your relationship. Some of our mugs (mine) would be much better suited for something that is used in a more timely fashion...like a pizza cutter!
Or something less often used, like an apple corer.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
chashawk said:
MojoDan said:
George_Calfas said:

Or something less often used, like an apple corer.

Brilliant!

Because when you use that part of it disappears, thus hiding my mug. Stick with Chas Alex, he'll steer ya right. You'd be very wise not to hitch your wagon to my star... :idea:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
gvsu96 said:
Congrats Alex.
I voted for a rice cooker.
Nice triple patch ;)

Josh is far too generous Alex. Would you believe he offerred up ALL 3 cards in his sig for your collection?!?!?!

How stand up is that?

Luckily for both of you I was able to mediate, and no hearts were broken over the donations...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
gvsu96 said:
Congrats Alex.
I voted for a rice cooker.
Nice triple patch ;)

Josh is far too generous Alex. Would you believe he offerred up ALL 3 cards in his sig for your collection?!?!?!

How stand up is that?

Luckily for both of you I was able to mediate, and no hearts were broken over the donations...
See? All the more reason to stick with Dan when it comes to navigating difficult situations.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
...and...

when I turned down the offer he became so irate, that he threw a fist full of sand at the screen. Now his keyboard is all locked up, he has to buy the wife a new mac, but he still has his precious Kell cards.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Alex, glad the cards got their safely and that you enjoy them. Oh, congrats on getting married too. :lol:

I too am in the ugly mug club, that's why Dan's ideas of pictures kept getting shot down. I wanted to get you guys menus from all of your local restaraunts. That way when one of you burns dinner, you have options available for food. That idea caused the words "cheap" and "bastard" to be thrown around and used as adjectives about me. Go figure. :D

Welcome to the married club brother. Many years of happiness to you and Jen.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
MojoDan said:
...and...

when I turned down the offer he became so irate, that he threw a fist full of sand at the screen. Now his keyboard is all locked up, he has to buy the wife a new mac, but he still has his precious Kell cards.

Funny our world innit? :lol:

Might have to get you AC checked again. It might be leaking gas in the house.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
gvsu96 said:
MojoDan said:
...and...

Funny our world innit? :lol:

Might have to get you AC checked again. It might be leaking gas in the house.

Yeah. Thats it. Thats what makes me so weird. The fumes. Yeah lets go with that! :)

We need another Golden Ticket box break dude. Its been far too long.

Oh, and glad to see you recovered from the raptor incident. Had me worried for a bit :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
George_Calfas said:
I love how the mention of a crock pot has turned this into comedy hour :lol: :lol:

George is another one bud. Ask him anything about math, and I bet he has the answer...

one time we had a conversation that went like this...

Mojo - "George, whats 7 x 8 ?"

George - "56"

Mojo - "See! It probably is!"

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Man...you guys crack me up :lol: As much as I would love all the mug shots I guess that would be weird around the kitchen :? Don't be ashamed though...I am the king of weird when it comes to the people I hang out with and relate to :lol:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
MojoDan said:
George_Calfas said:
I love how the mention of a crock pot has turned this into comedy hour :lol: :lol:

George is another one bud. Ask him anything about math, and I bet he has the answer...

one time we had a conversation that went like this...

Mojo - "George, whats 7 x 8 ?"

George - "56"

Mojo - "See! It probably is!"

You will notice that Dan left out the 10 minutes that it took me to explain the theorem and proof behind multiplication ::facepalm::

Members online