Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Yahoo Article about Fading Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Wood's got to get traded if he's ever going to get any PT. Angels offense is all but perfect. I don't see them squeezing him in to much.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
“The sooner you realize being a prospect gets you nowhere, the better you’ll be."

That should be sprayed or pasted in all minor league locker rooms.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I still can't believe the Phillies chose Lee over Halladay. Like Earl Weaver said "win now worry about the future later" and Halladay would've gotten them another WS title this year, possibly next. No doubt it my mind.

Halladay has been pitching in the AL East his WHOLE career. Who do you think the Phillies are going to face in the WS if they make it? Yankees? Red Sox? Rays? One of those three I guarantee it.

Who would you rather have pitching against the Red Sox, Yankees, or Rays in the World Series? Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee? Honestly, it looks like Hamels is getting hot at the right time. Hamels and Halladay are a guaranteed 3 wins in any series, IMO.

Amaro and many other Phillies fan's boner for Drabek (and apparently Dominic Brown...) have quite possibly cost them another World Series title...Who cares if Drabek turns out to be a future Cy Young winner - that's a HUGE IF too (you prospectors don't even realize that!)...They would've had Hamels and Halladay for two POSTSEASONS and a chance to win 3 consecutive World Series.

Ugh. I'm a Phillies fan too. Die hard O's fan, but I love the Phillies. I'm so disgusted they didn't pull the trigger on Doc.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think what happened was J.P. Ricciardi was asking too much or was fidgeting around with Roy Halladay.

The Phillies decided pulled the trigger with a team that was willing to trade.

They didn't give up J.A. Happ nor did they give up Kyle Drabek, but still got a quality arm who did win the AL Cy Young Award in 2008.

As far as I'm concerned, they are probably still the team to beat in the National League come the postseason.

The addition of Lee only helps bolster their chances and shouldn't be seen as a downgrade unless Lee completely tanks.

markakis8 said:
I still can't believe the Phillies chose Lee over Halladay. Like Earl Weaver said "win now worry about the future later" and Halladay would've gotten them another WS title this year, possibly next. No doubt it my mind.

Halladay has been pitching in the AL East his WHOLE career. Who do you think the Phillies are going to face in the WS if they make it? Yankees? Red Sox? Rays? One of those three I guarantee it.

Who would you rather have pitching against the Red Sox, Yankees, or Rays in the World Series? Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee? Honestly, it looks like Hamels is getting hot at the right time. Hamels and Halladay are a guaranteed 3 wins in any series, IMO.

Amaro and many other Phillies fan's boner for Drabek (and apparently Dominic Brown...) have quite possibly cost them another World Series title...Who cares if Drabek turns out to be a future Cy Young winner - that's a HUGE IF too (you prospectors don't even realize that!)...They would've had Hamels and Halladay for two POSTSEASONS and a chance to win 3 consecutive World Series.

Ugh. I'm a Phillies fan too. Die hard O's fan, but I love the Phillies. I'm so disgusted they didn't pull the trigger on Doc.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The only player they were asking for that has played in the MLB was Happ. IMO, if you are asking for three players for Roy Halladay, and two of them haven't played an MLB game, there isn't "too much" of an asking price. Halladay has been THE BEST pitcher in the game the past 5-6 years and will continue to be in the top tier the next five years.

You say the Phillies are the team to beat in the NL. I don't argue that. But the Phillies goal isn't to win the NLCS. They are the defending WS champions.

They are going to face an AL East team in the WS. They needed Doc. Plain and simple.

Lars said:
I think what happened was J.P. Ricciardi was asking too much or was fidgeting around with Roy Halladay.

The Phillies decided pulled the trigger with a team that was willing to trade.

They didn't give up J.A. Happ nor did they give up Kyle Drabek, but still got a quality arm who did win the AL Cy Young Award in 2008.

As far as I'm concerned, they are probably still the team to beat in the National League come the postseason.

The addition of Lee only helps bolster their chances and shouldn't be seen as a downgrade unless Lee completely tanks.

markakis8 said:

Members online

Latest posts